KESSY Key Issue?

Hi all, less than 6 month old FL Octavia with KESSY and alarm system. Long story short I have 3 keys with my car (Australian Tech Pack).

The first one started going intermittent, not unlocking door by touch, red light on remote working fine. Then stopped completely, doesn’t start car, even by that silly key on button method, doesn’t unlock doors from the handle however will lock and unlock by buttons on remote... dealer diagnosed as fault  in the key.

The second key working fine and then stopped completely dead, just tonight. No buttons working. Had to unlock the car physically, fight the ear blistering alarm off and try and start the car which took a bit to try and get it to detect the key?! New battery didn’t remedy the issue. Not diagnosed by dealer yet..

Using the last key now as the regular, never used it before, seems ok but little faith.... ideas as to what’s happening to my keys?!

Bit of a mystery.

The only problem Ive had with my Kessy keys is the kessy part stops working a week or so before the MaxiDot gives you the "change key battery" message.

Do you store them somewhere special or keep them in your back pocket when you sit down etc...

7 hours ago, Gabbo said:

Bit of a mystery.

The only problem Ive had with my Kessy keys is the kessy part stops working a week or so before the MaxiDot gives you the "change key battery" message.

Do you store them somewhere special or keep them in your back pocket when you sit down etc...

No don’t store them anywhere special, they live in my backpack basically. The other two live in a drawer.

Never have I had the “change key battery” message..

My Octavia does have 3 keys but doesn't have KESSY. However original key worked fine until 3 days after the 1st service at 18,500 miles (30,000km). Then I got the "change battery on key fob" message flash up on the maxidot so now on key 2 but no rush to get replacement battery for the key to sit in a drawer for another 18 months.:cool:

8 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

My Octavia does have 3 keys but doesn't have KESSY. However original key worked fine until 3 days after the 1st service at 18,500 miles (30,000km). Then I got the "change battery on key fob" message flash up on the maxidot so now on key 2 but no rush to get replacement battery for the key to sit in a drawer for another 18 months.:cool:

Yeah look at the moment I’ve got two dead keys in a sandwich bag waiting for the next fortnight to go in for a service lol..

Spose we’ll see what they say.

29 minutes ago, Felvo said:

Yeah look at the moment I’ve got two dead keys in a sandwich bag waiting for the next fortnight to go in for a service lol..

Spose we’ll see what they say.

Wife's Karoq 1 year old now does have KESSY but only 2 keys and no problems with either after 12,400 miles (20,000km) so something is defo amiss with your set, hope it makes it to the service and they look after you FOC of course.:nerd: