chip or remap for more torque/power DIESEL 190

mentaliss

9 hours ago, WiggosSideburns said:

Blimey... you’ve only had it 5 minutes! Howe many km do you do each year?!

About 80 000 km / 50 000 miles annnually.

We have production plant in mid Europe and there is lots of driving between office and production.

6 hours ago, fuzzz said:

Car is under warranty so don't want to do remaping. I can easily remove tunimg box for regular service. 

Yes, this might be a problem, but I take the risks.

I had box on my Superb, but at my mileage every in few months to remove and install it again (I had DTUK box both with turbo and fuel pressure sensor harnesses) became a PITA for me.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 13/02/2019 at 23:47, jasoncmiles said:

As Gizmo says, the box is still detectable if they wish to look hard enough. Also bear in mind if you do release an extra 100nm of torque there are still limits in the system that will limit the usable torque. So unless you lift those limits you may not realise the full potential a tuning box could offer. Which loops back to my first comment. If you want to protect your warranty wait 3 years then remap and ensure the associated torque limit on the DSG is lifted too. That is my plan but in the mean time I use a throttle response box to improve the lag and overall drivability of my 190 DSG.

which throttle box do you use, and is the improvement worth the cost and hassle ? thank you 

10 hours ago, chrisluciofg said:

which throttle box do you use, and is the improvement worth the cost and hassle ? thank you 

I use the DTUK pedal box but RaceChip also do one. Results are the same. DTUK have had some reliability issues and their tech support can be suspect for some. Personally the drivability having a linear throttle response are well worth it. 15 minutes to install. Bear in mind I use it with a 190 diesel with DSG box. The initial soggy throttle response is eliminated completely and the response crisper, linear. It enables more fluid driving. It does require a lighter throttle touch though when pulling away and low speed driving as the box can be jerky if not treated gently. This is not used to drive fast, just to make the car responsive to throttle input.

• 3 months later...
On 07/06/2019 at 13:10, fuzzz said:

Planned to buy Racechip GTS for my 190tdi. Car is under warranty so don't want to do remaping. I can easily remove tunimg box for regular service. 

Fuzzz have you installed the GTS box already? I'm thinking in do the same to my 150tdi (Kodiaq). What about the results? did you notice big difference in torque at a middle range? fuel economy? and the lag of the throotle response? Kind regards

5 hours ago, jffs said:

Fuzzz have you installed the GTS box already? I'm thinking in do the same to my 150tdi (Kodiaq). What about the results? did you notice big difference in torque at a middle range? fuel economy? and the lag of the throotle response? Kind regards

No , cause producer wasnt 100% sure , does service notice about using this kind  box or not...so I didnt risk to buy it.

Hi everyone! I'm just thinking in buying the Raceship GTS black for my Kodiaq 150 hp TDI. I'm a bit afraid to install since I still have my warranty running. What were the honest results anyone have obtained after installation of this specific box? clearly more torque in all rev range? less fuel? and the lag in acceleration did it improve? Thanks a lot