OBDEleven Help required

53 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Module 20 is the "low spec" camera which can only do HBA, module A5 is the "high spec" camera which can do lane assist & traffic sign recognition and can be coded to do HBA.

Ah okay, so @ExSEAT and myself have the high spec camera and have coded module A5 (and others) to fully enable HBA and TSR but cannot find the settings to adjust trigger speed for HBA. Any ideas??

32 minutes ago, Maggle said:

Ah okay, so @ExSEAT and myself have the high spec camera and have coded module A5 (and others) to fully enable HBA and TSR but cannot find the settings to adjust trigger speed for HBA. Any ideas??

I seem to remember reading on here two things that may be relevant:

1) IIRC MY18 and newer cars are missing the adaptation channels to change the threshold speeds.

2) IIRC the A5 camera may not have the adaptation channels at all.

The changes I made to my low spec 20 camera are:

Controller  20 – High Beam Assist

10- Adaptations

Select “Speed threshold for high beam recommendation off” change from 28 to 18 (km/h)

Select “Activation speed for high beam assistant” change from 58 to 28 (km/h)

19 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

I seem to remember reading on here two things that may be relevant:

1) IIRC MY18 and newer cars are missing the adaptation channels to change the threshold speeds.

2) IIRC the A5 camera may not have the adaptation channels at all.

The changes I made to my low spec 20 camera are:

Controller  20 – High Beam Assist

10- Adaptations

Select “Speed threshold for high beam recommendation off” change from 28 to 18 (km/h)

Select “Activation speed for high beam assistant” change from 58 to 28 (km/h)

Well that certainly supports my findings. I have just trawled through ALL adaptations in module A5 and looked at all long coding options and there's nothing relating to threshold sppeds. Must be a limitation on MY18 cars?? Oh well, it works but only at the set Skoda defined speeds.

• 1 month later...
On 13/02/2019 at 18:32, ExSEAT said:

Traffic Sign Recognition coding...

Just realised I didnt have this on a word file so Ive transcribed it..

Module 5F - Adaptations

Car_Function_list_gen2 

Traffic_sign_recognition_0x21  SET TO: Active

Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu

menu_display_road_sign_identification SET TO: Active

Module A5 - Long Coding

Byte 16, Bit 4 (check box)

Module 17 - Long Coding

Byte 5, Bit 2 (check box)

Give the entertainment unit a reset, you should find the menu under (I think) driver assist in the car section. Turn it on and you are away.

Again, use at your own risk but this is what I did and all is good!

HI, I'm looking for some help with this. I tried to activate my TSR first, but when i went to the long coding there were no bits/bytes (which i have seen before when i wasn't connected to the car). I tried to enter that security number from above (16:33 something) but it said that code was wrong. At this point I went and reverted the adaptation changes i'd made back as we had to go out and i didn't want to try and drive the car with anything half on/half off! Anyone got any idas why i wasn't seeing the long coding correctly?

1 hour ago, Maggle said:

I think the security code you need is actually 31347

Thanks, Is the code needed for HBA and TSR when you access the A5 module? Been doing IT for years but never tried anything like this before! Will trying at the weekend.

48 minutes ago, Robbijay said:

Thanks, Is the code needed for HBA and TSR when you access the A5 module? Been doing IT for years but never tried anything like this before! Will trying at the weekend.

No that's the code for controller 09 - Central Electrics which you will also access for HBA / TSR. The security code for A5 module is 20103

Edited by Maggle

20 minutes ago, Maggle said:

No that's the code for controller 09 - Central Electrics which you will also access for HBA / TSR. The security code for A5 module is 20103

Y’know, that may be why it didn’t work for A5....

but the post on page one doesn’t mention 09, just module 5F, A5 and 17?

Edited by Robbijay

I had the problem with the long coding not showing and the modules not accepting pass codes, it seemed to be more of a obd software issue than the car. I disconnected, restarted everything and I got the long codong back

• Like 1

I  now have TSR and hBA! At least it says I do & there are no errors. I haven’t actually driven anywhere yet to see if it works. Thanks for the help guys!!

Edited by Robbijay
  • Like 1