'05 Octavia II 'Stream' HU to iPod connection

Hello Stu, yes and thx for your PM but I am not sure about the part number because on the Fabia-vrs.com - Technical Section they picture a SYMPHONY radio that is not the one I have.

Here is the pic of the Symphony radio they show and the radio I have is completely diferent. Please check my last post were I put a pic of the radio I have.

ipodax1.jpg

I live in Central America and I dont want to order a part and then find out is not compatible with my Symphony CD Head unit:O

So, Have any of you with my type of radio has intall this iPod interfase?

THX,

Isaac

This is the Symphony radio I have on my 2002 Octavia L&K. Do the Denison / Icelink Conector will work with my radio? Do any body knows the part number?

THX

Isaac

2003-05-06-octavia-2.jpg

This looks like the unit I had in my old Octy - I purchased the Ice-Link (directly from Denison) fitted it OK and then had major problems. :confused:

At first it appeared to work OK, but it was imposible to use as the Up/Down controls on the HU caused the Ipod (in my case a Mini) to go up/down two items on the playlist/setup list etc - this meant that it was imposible to use as I could never access the setup menu.

All Dension UK could say was (A) Update the iPod software and (B) We know it doesn't work with some units, but are working on it.

Option (A) didn't work as the iPod had the latest software, and as for Option (B) I've given up trying to get anything out of Denison, phone calls never returned, they even ignore letters sent via registered post (so I know they have received them), I even got the directors home addresses from Companies House and tried writing to them... Very poor, even non-existent, customer service. :thumbdwn:

Having now changed to an Octy II I'm hoping that my Ice-Link will work in that - just waiting the Quadlock connector to arrive as the Ice-Link came with mini-ISO but the Octy II has quadlocks.

If it doesn't then I'll offer the Ice-Link for sale on here :rofl:

See - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/ice-security-insurance/problem-denson-ice-link-plus-03-octy/46224/