Full LED Taillights retrofit

Hi All,

After a few other upgrades - Vega wheels and Alpine nav, now I am thinking about these:

https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/tail-lights-3/oem-5e5945711-led-left-side-taillight/

Has someone tried to retrofit them on a pre FL car? This website also offers adapters so should be really easy :) except coding I guess. I remember having troubles to code LED taillights from L&K on my 2010 Superb hatchback...

• 1 year later...

Just do it.

I bought the connectors on a vw dealership and made an adapter myself.
Just followed this guide:

Here is a picture of my 2015 RS with them on, really love the darker glass and the led is much nicer.

20201209_202533.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 417original said:

Noice! Is that the only led in the unit or are the other bulbs led too?? How much did you pay for the clusters? I’m seeing them on e-auction for 150 but I’m sure I’ve seen them knew for about 160 euros 

Turninglight and reverselight is not LED from standard, but i put in LED in reverse and will do the turninglights to.

I paid 260 for them, they sat on a smashed car that had only run less than 10000km so they looked brand new.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi, what is the reason why the coding needs to be changed for the foglight? I just did the swap to my car but havent yet tested the foglight. No errors present anyways. 

On 17/12/2020 at 19:34, nkadovic said:
On 17/12/2020 at 17:30, varaderoguy said:

What was the coding you needed to change?

Led fog light

Hi, what is the reason why the coding needs to be changed for the foglight? I just did the swap to my car but havent yet tested the foglight. No errors present anyways. Sorry for the double post.

On 03/11/2021 at 19:11, Erska_ said:

Hi, what is the reason why the coding needs to be changed for the foglight? I just did the swap to my car but havent yet tested the foglight. No errors present anyways. Sorry for the double post.

The classical foglight is un bulb , unlike this upgrade which has LED.

I found some information, but I haven't tested it :

Fog
Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lasttyp 26 > 1 - Change allgemeine Glühlampe 27W, auch H15 to 32 - Allgemeine LED bis 12 W ??? or LED Tagfahrlichtmodul Versorgung ot  ???
Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert AB 26 > Change 100 to 127

Can anyone confirm ? 

• 1 year later...
On 16/12/2020 at 18:05, nkadovic said:

New connectors and 3 min coding.

9A66EC65-6683-4457-B3AE-A5167A01F4D3.jpeg

C9C60554-B78D-48BA-923A-2CC0DFAB619D.jpeg

Can you please give me more info i want to do the same, do you need conectors, or can move pins in original connector are the base plate in light for bulbs diferent and connectors in light ? And i have rs pre fl  which has already  led do I need coding something? And if you have any scheme for doing connectors whats diferent from original? 

Please for help you can also send me on mail if its not problem : *****@*****.tld 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello please for help, i have already bought FL lights, bulb bracket and connectors, i am strugling to search PN for pins to make an adapter could you please help me. Thank you