Air Care - permanently enabled

Does anyone know how to permanently enable Air Care, maybe via OBDEleven. Mine seems to default to off every time I cycle the ignition and I therefore have to keep switching it on. Can this behaviour be altered?

1 hour ago, Maggle said:

Does anyone know how to permanently enable Air Care, maybe via OBDEleven. Mine seems to default to off every time I cycle the ignition and I therefore have to keep switching it on. Can this behaviour be altered?

I was thinking exactly the same earlier today.  Generally I completely forget that it exists so there's no point in having it at all.  If I could enable it to be always on I would - although it may shorten the life of the filters.  

It's similar to my other gripe discussed already on another thread about the drive mode not being remembered with ignition cycling.

I'm tempted to get OBDEleven though - especially if these issues can be tackled with it.

1 minute ago, jonjc said:

I was thinking exactly the same earlier today.  Generally I completely forget that it exists so there's no point in having it at all.  If I could enable it to be always on I would - although it may shorten the life of the filters.  

It's similar to my other gripe discussed already on another thread about the drive mode not being remembered with ignition cycling.

I'm tempted to get OBDEleven though - especially if these issues can be tackled with it.

My drive mode is remembered and I believe it can be set via OBDEleven, although I haven't found a setting for Air Care …… yet

Have you tried the heating and ventilation settings?  

On the lower half of the centre heating control dial there should be a 'Menu' button.  Try that as on the Superb the Air Care settings are available there.  

1 minute ago, penguin17 said:

Have you tried the heating and ventilation settings?  

On the lower half of the centre heating control dial there should be a 'Menu' button.  Try that as on the Superb the Air Care settings are available there.  

Yes, I know how to turn it on and can do so as you suggested. But turn the ignition off and then on again and it's switched off, meaning you have to turn it on each time you drive the car, not a 'set and forget' operation.

1 hour ago, jamesdevon said:

I've never used Air Care on my Kodiaq... I thought it was just a posh 'recirculate' feature. Does it actually do anything more than just recirculate the air?? 

Yes it’s just a posh recirculate system and would imagine this warning is relevant.

2598418F-8A51-438E-B255-5D768E57AB1B.png

1 hour ago, jamesdevon said:

I've never used Air Care on my Kodiaq... I thought it was just a posh 'recirculate' feature. Does it actually do anything more than just recirculate the air?? 

No it's more than that it has a sensor that measures air quality and automatically selects air recirculation if and when required......apparently

• Thanks 1

As above, menu button low down in front of the gear lever. Automatic air circulation is ticked- on permanently on my car. Guessing that's the same as Aircare?

16 minutes ago, gregoir said:

As above, menu button low down in front of the gear lever. Automatic air circulation is ticked- on permanently on my car. Guessing that's the same as Aircare?

It's not the same thing, air care is separate to auto recirculation 

My late 2017 Octavia has auto aircon with air care by default and I hardly ever change the setting form auto 19 degrees. I usually close the dash. vents when the engine is cold to stop the cold draft blowing over me. I am aware of the air care function if I use the screen wash because I don't get the alcohol fumes in the car so I think it works for that sort of air pollution, but when I drove past a pig farm, the air pollution came through loud and clear. It did not react to that form of pollution.

9 hours ago, Kenai said:

It's not the same thing, air care is separate to auto recirculation 

Ok, what's the difference? Also I can't find aircare in either of my manuals anyway. Mines a 2016 SE.

Edited by gregoir

Ok, what's the difference? Also I can't find aircare in either of my manuals anyway. Mines a 2016 SE.

Not sure about the Octavia but it wasn't on MY17 Superb but was on MY18 Superb so I'm guessing it wasn't available in 2016 (??)

The manual says this, separately, after the section about auto recirculation. 

"The Air CareFunction reduces pollutant penetration contained in the outside
air into the vehicle.
When the function is activated, the air in the vehicle is circulated and cleaned
at the same time. The cleaning process is displayed by the zones displayed in
the Infotainment screen.
› To switch on/off, press the  button on the Climatronic control panel, and
then tap on the function surface   → Active on the Infotainment
screen» Fig. 154.
To ensure correct Air Care functioning, all doors and windows including the
panoramic sliding/tilting roof must be closed.
When opening a door or a window, the corresponding message is displayed in
the Infotainment screen."

• 10 months later...
On 28/02/2019 at 15:25, SoupDragon said:

My late 2017 Octavia has auto aircon with air care by default and I hardly ever change the setting form auto 19 degrees. I usually close the dash. vents when the engine is cold to stop the cold draft blowing over me. I am aware of the air care function if I use the screen wash because I don't get the alcohol fumes in the car so I think it works for that sort of air pollution, but when I drove past a pig farm, the air pollution came through loud and clear. It did not react to that form of pollution.

thats a feature of vag vehicles they auto recycle when in reverse or you use the screenwasher  prevents fumes or nasty niffs it also does the same if selected with the auto recirculate if in town for exhaust fumes aircare as the OP pointed out is different and so far I cannot see how to enable it full time most annoying