What VCDS mods can i do

Hi all I am going to test drive and hopefully order my Kodiaq on Saturday an, SEL with a few extra's, so before i go signing up for things that can be done at home via vcds what can and can't be done either on the maxidot and or VCDS. I have only sat in a car haven't even seen what the instruments look like on a drive...

So can VCDS or maxidot be used to activate;

1. Personalisation of Driver Mode
  2. Camera based traffic Sign Recognition
  3. Alarm Chirp
  4. Auto door locking

Edited by roynhayley

2. Is only possible on the SEL if you’ve picked another option that adds that windscreen camera to provide the functionality. If I recall, traffic sign recognition is the cheapest option to get the camera - and I regret not specifying it now for that reason. 

49 minutes ago, roynhayley said:

Alarm Chirp

The Kodiaq doesn't have one to enable/disable (unlike my Mk3 Octavia, and that's probably the one thing I miss!) through the settings - but no idea if you can do it via VCDS or not.

• Thanks 1

Thanks@Kenny212 is there no adjustment through maxidot, I am sure there is an option on my 2012 superb...

What version of VCDS are you running.

The ability to turn on and off the alarm chirps has been removed from the accessible menu's relatively recently for some reason. Someone mentioned localised regulations, looking to limit noise pollution, but I doubt it to be honest.

My neighbour has an Octavia with the chirps enabled. It wouldn't be so bad but he's in and out of the car on a weekend every 15 minutes, it gets mildly irritating after a while.

The flashing indicators, or the clunk of the locks engaging (if you've got your back to the car), are enough for most people. Those that use KESSY have to be physically next to the car to lock it if not using the remote, so another example where the chirp is becoming redundant.

For the 'chirp' lovers, fear not, Skoda has compensated with the beeping for the electrically operated boot :D

• 1 year later...

Yes I used to think the chirps were a great idea until you need to be in and out of the car, and it's a very quiet morning or evening when everyone else can hear you. 

Out of interest can that beep be disabled?

My friends Range Rover doesn't beep when you do it by the key or inside. 

I've not paid enough attention to others opening in the carpark to see if other cars do the same? 

On 07/03/2019 at 09:33, silver1011 said:

My neighbour has an Octavia with the chirps enabled. It wouldn't be so bad but he's in and out of the car on a weekend every 15 minutes, it gets mildly irritating after a while.

For the 'chirp' lovers, fear not, Skoda has compensated with the beeping for the electrically operated boot :D

Luckily, UK Kodiaq's are set to not chirp as standard.

The ability to turn on the chirp using the in-car menus that was present on most recent Skoda models appears to have been removed for some reason.

6 minutes ago, RSKac289 said:

Moving the thread sideways a bit (sorry), is there a way to reverse the action of the auto stop/start button, like I did on my BMW?  

Disable stop/start permanently? 

On the BMW, someone plugged in remotely and reversed the function on the button, so it defaulted with no stop/start but it came on if you pressed the button.  That would be my ideal.  Permanent disable would be OK, but might have greater warranty implications...