Citigo Sloshing Noise

Caz91

Hi All 

Ive had my citigo from new 2013 but recently ive been hearing like a watery sloshing noise behind my right ear (Drivers side) just suddenly started out of the blue and have no idea how or why its happening, i thought it might be the de icer in the boot but it sounds like quite abit of water, can hear it on heavy breaking and on acceleration, any ideas? 

Probably petrol in the fuel tank you can hear. But it's worth checking the rear spare wheel space and making sure that the drains of the plenum chamber aren't blocked - plenty of threads on here about cleaning them - they're under the bonnet near the bottom of the  windscreen at the left hand right corners and can get blocked up with dried leaves - a symptom of this would be soggy carpet in the front footfalls. Also possibly water in the doors - look for the dain holes in the bottom and poke a small allen key  or similar in to them to see if they're blocked

Edited by greenstripe

I found that its water that makes it's way into the sills. I had it ages ago when I still had the car. I pulled a bung underneath and water just poured out of there.

On 09/03/2019 at 17:53, Vitas said:

I found that its water that makes it's way into the sills. I had it ages ago when I still had the car. I pulled a bung underneath and water just poured out of there.

where about was the bung underneath? 

• 3 weeks later...