Fitting RCD330 to 2008 Fabia

Hello,

Just got a used 2008 Fabia 1.6 petrol / auto for my other half, it has the "dance" radio fitted currently but I'd really like to switch to an rcd330 for the Android auto stuff.

Is there any extra can bus adaptors needed for these or will they work out of the box.

The car also has the reversing sensors that display info on the radio, will this still work with the 330 ?

Thanks in advance.

Yes you will need Qudlock to ISO adapter for RCD 330G plus.

I Have no clue about the reverse sensors as i dont have  them on my fabia .! 

The wiring adapter link 

please confirm with the seller before purchasing .! And iam no way affilated to aliexpress or its sellers, this is just for the reference .! 

Wish you goodluck for this upcoming diy, its a simple swap mostly .

• 1 month later...
On 09/03/2019 at 18:31, Apache14 said:

Hello,

Just got a used 2008 Fabia 1.6 petrol / auto for my other half, it has the "dance" radio fitted currently but I'd really like to switch to an rcd330 for the Android auto stuff.

Is there any extra can bus adaptors needed for these or will they work out of the box.

The car also has the reversing sensors that display info on the radio, will this still work with the 330 ?

Thanks in advance.

Did you manage to get yours working, I have the RCD330+ and the adapter mention above but it doesn’t recognise the ignition being on

I think I have a work around but I’m keen to see what other have done 

Edited by Cbiggs
Saved to soon

16 minutes ago, Kumarrjayant said:

The adapter for the dance radio is different from other skoda radio. You will have to find quadlock to iso connectors, its simply plug and play.

This is the connector in the car, it would appear that it is more a case of the canbus being different and therefore not plug and play, hopefully a canbus simulator will solve the Bluetooth issue but I am keen to keep the reverse sensors and illumination so I’m keen to hear if anyone has got it working ok

4A20FF40-BFBB-4BD8-BA1D-BB82C4E2767E.jpeg

46 minutes ago, UrbanPanzer said:

Be aware that sometimes the power to the radio is not ignition switched, its controlled by the onboard control unit so it will flatten the battery

Thanks, I have discovered that both live feeds are permanent live, I just need to work out a way of getting the car to talk to the stereo whilst ensuring that all the current features still work!

@Cbiggs, I do know about the reverse sensors but bluetooth will work fine and the canbus simulator will take care of everything else, the background illumination and the battery will be fine as well, iam using this nearly 2 years and never faced any issues related to battery.

1 minute ago, Kumarrjayant said:

@Cbiggs, I do know about the reverse sensors but bluetooth will work fine and the canbus simulator will take care of everything else, the background illumination and the battery will be fine as well, iam using this nearly 2 years and never faced any issues related to battery.

If yours is a 2011 car then it is running a different canbus, the earlier models they are not plug and play despite having the same connectors 

Thats the whole point, The connectors are equipped with canbus simulators, iam not a mechanic by profession, until my car was taken to the garage to connect canbus wires to the bcm i used these adapters.! 

Highligted is the canbus simulator.! It will take care of battery drain and backlighting of music player.

The only demerit is you cannot set the clock in the music player.

F757E044-8E7F-4069-A5FE-203E0F33CCAB.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Kumarrjayant said:

Thats the whole point, The connectors are equipped with canbus simulators, iam not a mechanic by profession, until my car was taken to the garage to connect canbus wires to the bcm i used these adapters.! 

Highligted is the canbus simulator.! It will take care of battery drain and backlighting of music player.

The only demerit is you cannot set the clock in the music player.

F757E044-8E7F-4069-A5FE-203E0F33CCAB.jpeg

I bought one of those and it’s not a canbus simulator, there is no canbus socket on the BCM on the pre 2010 cars to talk to the RCD330. 

I have found another simulator 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32798969960.html

hopefully adding this will work but I cannot see that this will take the existing signal from the car canbus

Not this, the wiring part is pretty much very complicated .! Try using this.!

Rs. 1,796.91  6% Off | JNDSNY RCD330G RCD510 CANBUS decoder CANBUS simulator multi-function steering wheel simulator for VW Golf 5 Jetta MK5 Passat B6
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ccL7oiOc

or

Rs. 1,419.55 | RCD330 RCD510 MIB Rcd330G Multifunction Steering Wheel Button Control Canbus Gateway Simulator For VW Passat Golf 5 6 MK5 Touran
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/fLaVK5E

it will surely work .!

For vehicles without canbus a simulator is used to simulate the functions of canbus.! You do not have to connect anything extra other than connecting your dance radio pins to the female part of the connector and then connecting it to RCD330G

500B9478-76D2-437C-93AA-21A0D261EE29.png

32 minutes ago, Cbiggs said:

I bought one of those and it’s not a canbus simulator, there is no canbus socket on the BCM on the pre 2010 cars to talk to the RCD330. 

I have found another simulator 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32798969960.html

hopefully adding this will work but I cannot see that this will take the existing signal from the car canbus

Both are different.!

please read the above differences

On 06/05/2019 at 16:21, Kumarrjayant said:

For vehicles without canbus a simulator is used to simulate the functions of canbus.! You do not have to connect anything extra other than connecting your dance radio pins to the female part of the connector and then connecting it to RCD330G

500B9478-76D2-437C-93AA-21A0D261EE29.png

What does the blue wire connect to? Is that the one marked as illumination? I’m guessing that’s to connect to a feed from an illuminate dash light to turn the stereo back light on.

what is the connector under foam end?

11 hours ago, Cbiggs said:

What does the blue wire connect to? Is that the one marked as illumination? I’m guessing that’s to connect to a feed from an illuminate dash light to turn the stereo back light on.

what is the connector under foam end?

The connectors under the foam end are these.! 

The blue wire connects to the rear view camera.!

You do not have to worry about backlight illumination as the Canbus simulator will take care of that.! 

You can just go ahead and purchase a canbus simulator harness for rcd330G .! If you want any video tutorial i can provide you but it will take some time 15-20 days.! A friend of mine also picked a 2009 fabia with dance music player i can help you with a video as well but it will take time .!

61D8DE17-D598-4555-A951-6A9AA6642CC6.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 08/05/2019 at 05:36, Kumarrjayant said:

The connectors under the foam end are these.! 

The blue wire connects to the rear view camera.!

You do not have to worry about backlight illumination as the Canbus simulator will take care of that.! 

You can just go ahead and purchase a canbus simulator harness for rcd330G .! If you want any video tutorial i can provide you but it will take some time 15-20 days.! A friend of mine also picked a 2009 fabia with dance music player i can help you with a video as well but it will take time .!

61D8DE17-D598-4555-A951-6A9AA6642CC6.jpeg

Hello

I have a problem when a put reverse, the screen radio turns black (I have a Skoda Fabia 2013 sport line with RCD330 plus).. Do you know how to fix this problem??