Locking on the handle

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help. I have just picked up a new superb and using the KESSY. I can press the button on the handle to open, or just pull the handle twice to open the car when I have my key in the pocket. However, to lock I did get demonstrated that I can press the same button again on the handle and it will lock. It worked for me once but now it won't lock, unless I use the actual key fob. What am I doing wrong???

The button always allows me to open the car but not lock it. I can only seem to lock it if i use the key fob.

Thanks for all your help.

Rob

To close the door you just need to press the dimple ONLY and not have your fingers around the handle too.

BTW pulling the handle once should open the door(s).

Edited by john999boy

I only press the dimple but it does not lock the door. Should the dimple open it as well? At the moment it only opens it but the manual only describes gripping the handle to open it. Maybe it has been programmed wrong or have I done something by accident?

Pressing the dimple to lock the car, then pressing the lock button on the key fob, within 5 seconds will also temporarily disable KESSY.  The only way to unlock the car after this is to use the unlock button on the fob and KESSY will be active again. 

There are two sensors on the door handles:

The dimple on the outside is used to lock the car, just touch this dimple with a finger (I actually use the back of my hand) making sure you do not have any fingers inside the handle.

Grab the handle to open, (the sensor on the inside edge of the handle will open the door, this is why it is impossible to lock the door when you hold the handle normally... as you are trying to unlock it at the same time) the  if selective unlocking has been enabled (in the infotainment) then you would need to pull it twice to open the other doors.

If a passenger tries to open a door whilst you are stood next to the drivers door (without holding the handle) then their door will not unlock, the person with the key can only unlock the car.

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 2

I usually flick through the online manual whilst waiting for the car to be delivered and then only refer to it when I need to know something specific.

They amount of posts I read where people have no idea what their car can do never fails to amaze me.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for their help. I am still not sure what was happening yesterday, as I could not lock it using the dimple but I could using the key fob. However, this morning everything is working as per manual and your kind posts.

Yes. I had just the same on my new Karoq. To lock  cover the small “bar” on the lock end of the handle with thumb or finger whilst key is in your pocket. 

Make sure your other fingers are NOT behind the handle. Took me a week or so to understand this puzzle. 

Hah, I did not even realise that it is possible to lock it using touch, I have been locking it using the fob and thinking it was a bit cumbersome but thought maybe it was so that you knew you had it with you... :D

Feel a bit silly now :)

• Haha 1

When I park the car overnight I lock with the handle and press lock on the key fob within 5 seconds to disable the keyless function as stated earlier by Penguin. This stops the thieves from using signal amplifiers to break in to ya car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 years later...
On 15/03/2019 at 06:52, Flipfly said:

When I park the car overnight I lock with the handle and press lock on the key fob within 5 seconds to disable the keyless function as stated earlier by Penguin. This stops the thieves from using signal amplifiers to break in to ya car.

Does anyone know if Kessy can be permanently switched off by the dealers if requested?