Climate control 0.5'c mod/delete?

I just don't get the point of being able to change the climate control in 0.5'c intervals. I don't think I would ever set a temperature using a 0.5 division. Would there be a VCDS/OBDeleven mod to change it to whole 1' increments?

thanks

Nick

Surely if you’ve got climate control you set it to a comfortable temperature ie. 20 deg, ac on and auto selected and it remains there 24/7  365 just as I have currently and in my previous cars with climate.

Edited by Kenny R

2 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Why turn the air con off?

+1

In Winter it does a valuable job of dehumidifying the air and hence getting the windows demisted faster.

I've had cars with air con for over 20 years and in all of them the air con is is 24/7/365.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PetrolDave said:

+1

In Winter it does a valuable job of dehumidifying the air and hence getting the windows demisted faster.

I've had cars with air con for over 20 years and in all of them the air con is is 24/7/365.

Something in the back of my head is saying that even if you turn it off, the car can decide to turn it back on if it thinks it’s required?  Have I made that up..?

• Like 1

On 15/03/2019 at 09:29, SC03OTT said:

Something in the back of my head is saying that even if you turn it off, the car can decide to turn it back on if it thinks it’s required?  Have I made that up..?

I suspect you haven't made it up.

If I look at the Infotainment settings for the Engine Stop Start (can't remember the correct wordings), it sometimes says "air conditioning requires the engine to be running" even when aircon is set to off and the rest of climate control is in Auto.

This usually happens right after a cold start and seems to last longer on colder days.
Also if I turn the temperature dial all the way up to "Hi", the same message seems to appear.

I didn't think the climate control worked unless the AC was on?
Thought that was the whole point of climate control - using the AC to set temperature and humidity levels.

13 minutes ago, spinifex said:

I didn't think the climate control worked unless the AC was on?
Thought that was the whole point of climate control - using the AC to set temperature and humidity levels.

AC doesn't control humidity levels, only temperature - any change in humidity is incidental.

The climate control will still attempt to control temperature even with AC off, by heating and/or blowing ambient air.