Engine management light vrs diesel.

Hi Guys,

I'm having a few issues with my 2015 Octavia vrs diesel.

Basically i turned the car on the other day and the engine management light came and wouldn't go off.

The symbol looked like this  -

image.png.35012c8d7ff44fe3d751a26b999932bc.png

Car started fine and drove perfectly fine too.

I have an OBD2 port scanner so reset the code as i did let the fuel go a little low and through maybe something had pulled into the engine etc.

Was fine for a couple of days until this morning and the this light has come on again.

Seems to be when starting the car from cold /  left standing, i am waiting for the glow plugs light to go off before starting but somehow think its related to this.

Fault Code on the OBD2 scanner stipulates  - P0674 01/02 which i believe is a glowplug issue?

Has anyone had this issue before or can shed a light on a fix or what the problem is please?

Don't want to get ripped off by the dealer!

Any help is appreciated guys

Thanks

Willo

Just now, willovrs said:

Thanks Dave, it looks as if it would help but its US

The description of the code is the same whatever country the car is in though, and the diagnostics suggestions are still valid.