Mk3 octavia vrs stage 1

Hello all! 

Looking to stage 1 my car, does anybody have any experience with AMD Essex? I have been quoted £499 inc vat for a stage 1 remap. Includes on the road testing and dyno testing with printouts for before and after. 

AMD claim gains of 300/320bhp depending on car and an extra 100NM or torque. 

Would you peeps recommend AMD or go with something else? 

Many thanks 

• 1 month later...

Very old post but sure, they’re known to be good. However off this forum I’ve seen some complaints saying they’ve rather fallen off

Personally I’d always opt for Revo

6 minutes ago, sakta said:

Very old post but sure, they’re known to be good. However off this forum I’ve seen some complaints saying they’ve rather fallen off

Personally I’d always opt for Revo

My car is booked in with a local company on Friday for a complete custom tune! I have heard really good thing from it so going to give it a try, I'm just glad to get rid of this rubbish DTUK box! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hazzaardous said:

My car is booked in with a local company on Friday for a complete custom tune! I have heard really good thing from it so going to give it a try, I'm just glad to get rid of this rubbish DTUK box! 

Congrats! DTUK, much like any tuning box company, is garbage. Unfortunately they sponsor lots of YouTubers so they get a lot of positive press that is undeserved. 

Tuning boxes miss so many parts in the ECU map that need changing, and sometimes can cause issues. Where they don't cause problems to your engine, they won't make as much power as a tune, and the power delivery won't be as refined.

• Love it! 1