Mk3 octavia vrs stage 1

Hello all! 

Looking to stage 1 my car, does anybody have any experience with AMD Essex? I have been quoted £499 inc vat for a stage 1 remap. Includes on the road testing and dyno testing with printouts for before and after. 

AMD claim gains of 300/320bhp depending on car and an extra 100NM or torque. 

Would you peeps recommend AMD or go with something else? 

Many thanks 

8 hours ago, Chris245 said:

Had my 245 mapped by AMD and can highly recommend. 

300-320 is pretty standard with any and all the mapping companies.

Does it transform the car? I've had a dtuk box on my car but lost confidence in it 

Do a search for remap or AMD on this forum. There are loads of recent threads and Stage 1 is a very cheap way to transform a good car into a great car with increase in powere/torque and decent economy. AMD seems to have a good reputation. 

2 hours ago, hazzaardous said:

Does it transform the car? I've had a dtuk box on my car but lost confidence in it 

I had my old 1.9pd (105) mapped and it absolutley transformed the car.  Currently have a a tuning box fitted to my 2.0cr (150) on a mild setting.  It is better to drive than standard but i am using it as a stop gap till I get a proper map done.  It doesnt matter how sophisticated the box is, a map will always be superior in performance, long term reliability and system safety.

That being said, boxes have their place.

• Like 1

Just now, MarkyG82 said:

I had my old 1.9pd (105) mapped and it absolutley transformed the car.  Currently have a a tuning box fitted to my 2.0cr (150) on a mild setting.  It is better to drive than standard but i am using it as a stop gap till I get a proper map done.  It doesnt matter how sophisticated the box is, a map will always be superior in performance, long term reliability and system safety.

Since having the tuning box I have gone through, high pressure fuel pump, low pressure fuel pump and also a stuck injector! I'm not saying that the box has caused this but I have been advised that it is most likely the cause. 

Yeah thats why I have mine on a mild setting.  Even when I get it mapped I'll be going for a 'light touch' approach.  Max figure expected from the 150 is 190-195.  I'll be aiming for 175-180 with the emphasis on drivability rather than peak.  A smooth, solid delivery with a nicely building shove.  Standard it is really dull with an early turbo pickup into a flat torque curve.

I'd say that if your insurance company are ok with it and you have the funds it'll be the single best thing you do to the car.

16 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

Totally agree.  Tuning boxes do have their place and they are good for those that don't want to commit to a remap at the detriment to insurance/warranty but a remap is superior IME.

I've not heard anything bad about AMD.  I've had two Revo remaps and I rate them highly; significant improvement over stock and I did not experience a single issue with the cars they were fitted to, no sensor faults...nothing.  

I'm just waiting for 'him' to show up on this thread :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not to disappoint penguin17 been to Shaun and Ben at AmD Essex 6 times and always leave with a big smile and loads more power, but importantly the car doesn't use anymore fuel. Last 2 cars mapped there were Octavia SE 2.0Tdi up from 147bhp (before map) to 186bhp (torque went from standard 246lb to 317lb). Economy down to Essex was 71mpg and the drive home was 70mpg, incredible considering the improvement. Current car went from 248bhp (294lb of torque) to 302bhp (and 345lb). Always used Shell V-Power which they recommend along with Tesco Momentum (also 99 octane for largest gains) but also better fuel eliminates any chance of pinking which you could be with Sainsbury's super unleaded or BP Ultimate as they are 97 and 98 octane. Reliability has been 100% for the last 12 months with everything working as it should and over nearly 20,000 miles economy is 39.57mpg which is better than most standard 220/230/245 on here. Don't forget it's only £50 deposit using there 12 month interest free finance and £37.49 x 12 for the balance. This is without doubt the best £500 mod you can do on your car and will release the sports car hiding under that sensible Skoda body. Now running uprated exhaust, intercooler, air filter and stage 2 map since 23/10/2018 and despite having 336bhp and 380lb of torque no problems with clutch or anything else. Standard torque claimed by Skoda is 370nm mine was 400nm then 467nm at stage 1 now finally 517nm (new Porsche 911 with 3.0Turbo has 530nm).:inlove:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hazzaardous said:

Does it transform the car?

Yes. Absolutely.  Mine has a Revo stage 1 map, and the difference in performance is noticeable.  Benchmark for me is if I'd do it again if I got another vRS, and the answer's yes, without a doubt.

Gaz

• Like 2