Squeak, any ideas?

Hi my 2.0L 2015 DSG with 37k on the clock seems to have a weird squeak i cannot put my finer on where it is coming from. 

It seems to squeak exactly when i put my foot on the accelerator and about 1 second after i lift my foot from the accelerator. (when moving, no specific gear or driving mode)

it sounds like its coming from the middle of the car? under my seat sort of but external. Maybe its something gearbox related or accelerator cable who knows?

Still under warranty, please can you advise, i don't want to take it in for them to say theres nothing wrong.

ty

Is it a metallic squeak or rubber squeak? It's not your accelerator cable for sure, 'cos there isn't one on these cars, but it could be the accelerator pedal itself?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking it may be something to do with the DSG gearbox? When i go over bumps or drive on a rough road the car creaks and makes a noise in a similar place, as if something is bouncing around in the gearbox. I also have the warning pop up every now and then about the workshop error leave in P etc.

Losing the will - my insignia didn't have any issues in 6 years! :x

5 hours ago, SkodaKing said:

I'm thinking it may be something to do with the DSG gearbox? When i go over bumps or drive on a rough road the car creaks and makes a noise in a similar place, as if something is bouncing around in the gearbox. I also have the warning pop up every now and then about the workshop error leave in P etc.

Losing the will - my insignia didn't have any issues in 6 years! :x

If something was bouncing around inside a DSG gearbox, believe me the car wouldn't be moving. The warning message relates to the selector mechanism (known issue) and has nothing to do with the noise.

Look at the evidence, the noise is there with car stationary, and it happens on engine over-run when you release the throttle. Over-run is the condition that put's most strain on the engine and the bits that turn with it.

Any additional noises when going over speed bumps, rough roads etc, will be down to suspension or gearbox rear mounting. A quick spray with PTFE based white grease soon sorts that out.

As for the Insignia, boy were you lucky.