Options for a spare wheel

Morning all

So my Octavia doesn't come with a spare wheel, so I'm thinking I'll need to sort one otherwise I could end up stranded.

I currently have the 19s , my question is where's best for a spare ? Also do I need a 19? 

Thanks

Shouldn't need a 19 for a spare as long as you only use it for a short period and dont drive it normally.  Can always swap it ot the rear if its a front that goes.

You can pick up a decent 18" spare on eBay, try searching under VW, Audi, Skoda as they are the same spare wheel but listings vary. 

What is important to check is the date of manufacture (DOT) of the tyre. I recently bought an 18" space saver and had to trawl through the images to find one newish (2015 DOT to match the age of my car) that I bought for £60.

For tyres on the car it's normally less than seven years old (ok, I acknowledge space savers are not in daily use may be different) but there were space savers for sale that were 15 years old :sadsmile:

You'll also need the foam insert and tools, the cheapest (vRS) I could find was from Horton Skoda at £60 including postage. Most on eBay were incomplete, or second hand and more expensive.

All in it was £120 for the space saver and insert/tools, considerably cheaper than the cost quoted by my dealer.