PLEASE PLEASE Abs pump ESP

Hi

I have a mk2 skoda superb diesel 2.0 170hp,dsg 6+1,hatchback.i changed a few abs pumps but not working properly..ill tell you my story maybe someone can tell me what i can do...

I went to a garage and changed the first abs pump.after removing the esp warning light wich came on after changing the pump,when braking hard on the rear left whell abs not working properly.i mean has moments when i can fell abs is working but just for a moment then the wheel is blocking like abs didnt exist.on the other 3 wheels the abs is working.NO FAULTS ON DASBOARD.

I thought maybe the abs pump bought from scrap it has some channel blocked..ill buy another one.so i did:)

The 2 nd one i bought after changing it,removing esp fault ,braking hard the same thing(3 wheels abs was working ,on the 4th the same thing like before)but now the 4th is not rear left is front right.so i said maybe this one is broken aswell.i should buy another abs pump.so i did:)

The 3rd one does the same thing ..the only different thing is the 4th eheel that is not working properly is rear right..

AGAIN ,NO WORNINGS.

And another thing :only when i turning left in a roundabout with no remarcable speed the ESP comes on but the car is not drifting.

I went to skoda aswell ,they tried to write the soft for the abs pump online but failed..

Skoda said the wheels speed are not the same..(the wheels are the same size,tyres the same)

The last thing if it matters the wheels have tyre pressure sensor valves

I dont know what to do anymore..

PLEASE IF ANYONE ....

Edited by Adrian84

Sounds like you need to do some live logging of the wheel speeds to see if they all agree. If one is vastly different, you should check its wheel sensor, wiring and reluctor ring.

Might also be worth checking the brake lines are still all connected to the correct outlet on the ABS pump given the issue has moved.

Any other history for this vehicle, namely has it had any work done to the suspension, hubs, brakes etc that coincides with this issue starting?

• Like 1

When u say wheel sensor means abs sensor?yes ,has been checked.al 4 bearings has been changed(SKF)

As i said SKODA did such live logging and said that the wheels speed is not the same 

No problems with starting.

2 minutes ago, Adrian84 said:

As i said SKODA did such live logging and said that the wheels speed is not the same 

Then you need to find out which wheel is giving the wrong speeds and fix it.

If the ABS module isn't getting correct readings from the wheel sensors then it can't work properly. As I mentioned previously, it's likely to be the wiring, ABS sensor or the reclutor ring.

• Like 1

Perhaps the difference isn't enough to cause a warning light?

You need to do more diagnostics and given Skoda claim there's an speed sensor difference somewhere plus you've tried four abs modules, that's probably a good place to start...

• Like 1

If it's a wheel speed sensor problem it may not throw an error on the dash but you will get really weird ABS behaviour. I had a wheel speed sensor problem several years ago on my previous car which started after the CV joint had been replaced. I pulled the sensor out and found a bit of metal stuck to the end of it (the sensor is magnetic): I got rid of that, popped the sensor back in and everything was back to normal. I'd suggest you start by removing all the sensors and checking for any debris stuck to them, then move on to check if there's wiring damage anywhere on the sensor cable.

I'd probably also find a better mechanic: the fact that you've replaced the ABS pump four times with no improvement suggests your mechanic doesn't really know what they're doing here and is just throwing parts at the problem.

If its an ABS sensor why after every time i changed the abs pump the wheel who was blocking is not the same..i mean first time was the rear right after that front left after that rear left