Yeti GreenLine

Mulligrub

After a great deal of searching and head scratching,

I take delivery of a pre - facelift

63 plate Yeti GreenLine Elegance next week. Really looking forward to it.

what would be the first modification, or retro fit item, if any would you add to the car.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Stick a 2.5litre 5 cylinder engine from an Audi TTRS and then tune it to over 700bhp. Second mod replace bonnet, all 4 doors and boot with bespoke lighter carbon fibre items. Finally replace standard brakes with carbon ceramic discs and pads to help you slow from 152mph at the end of the straight on the Snetterton 300 circuit. All true BTW.:biggrin:

33 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

Enjoy it while you see if all is well and if any consumable / service items are needed.

Everything up to date like brakes serviced, brake fluid changed.

Has the car had the Emissions Fix carried out? 

I believe the emissions fix was carried out in September 2017, having done 25,700 miles.

it’s documented on the service history as “Emissions Technical Measure”! The car has 35, 000 miles to date.

thank you.

40 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Stick a 2.5litre 5 cylinder engine from an Audi TTRS and then tune it to over 700bhp. Second mod replace bonnet, all 4 doors and boot with bespoke lighter carbon fibre items. Finally replace standard brakes with carbon ceramic discs and pads to help you slow from 152mph at the end of the straight on the Snetterton 300 circuit. All true BTW.:biggrin:

I don’t think the budget will run To that ! Ha ha.

11 minutes ago, valep said:

spare wheel as the Greenline did not come with a spare wheel

I did ask for a spare wheel, but only got a negative response!

1 minute ago, Mulligrub said:

I don’t think the budget will run To that ! Ha ha.

You should check out Boss Fox RS Yeti plenty of video's showing with a big enough budget a Yeti can be faster than a 660bhp Nissan GTR. When you are track side your eyes and brain can't quite understand what is going on.:giggle:

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

You should check out Boss Fox RS Yeti plenty of video's showing with a big enough budget a Yeti can be faster than a 660bhp Nissan GTR. When you are track side your eyes and brain can't quite understand what is going on.:giggle:

Thanks I’ve had a look at the Boss Fox, very inspirational.

1 hour ago, gumdrop said:

Yeti genuine Skoda rubber mats!

Funny you should say that. I did ask for the rubber mats, still waiting for a response. 

Theres a yeti boot mat in the for sale section.

Enjoy running the cheapest tyre size of all Yeti's too (205/55/16). Some have said they look too small but ignore them. We upgraded ours to a full set of Goodyear Vector 4 season Gen 2 for a shade over £300 all around. Set for all weather :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Shaunieboy said:

Theres a yeti boot mat in the for sale section.

Enjoy running the cheapest tyre size of all Yeti's too (205/55/16). Some have said they look too small but ignore them. We upgraded ours to a full set of Goodyear Vector 4 season Gen 2 for a shade over £300 all around. Set for all weather :thumbup:

Thanks, I was aware of the lower cost of the tyres. I’ve been looking at the Mitchelin cross climate ones. Will also check out the Goodyear ones thanks.

can you tell me where the sales section is please.

We run crossclimates on the superb and the vector gen2 's on the yeti. (Both 205 55 16)

Both fantastic tyres. Crossclimates wear and handle slightly better, vectors quieter and a better in the snow. Cant go wrong with either...

Parts for sale https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/165-parts-for-sale/

8 minutes ago, Shaunieboy said:

We run crossclimates on the superb and the vector gen2 's on the yeti. (Both 205 55 16)

Both fantastic tyres. Crossclimates wear and handle slightly better, vectors quieter and a better in the snow. Cant go wrong with either...

Parts for sale https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/165-parts-for-sale/

Many thanks for the tyre information, and for putting me onto the Yeti  boot rubber mat. I’ve contacted the seller to ask if still available.

cheers.

23 minutes ago, Shaunieboy said:

All good - be sure to post some pics of the new motor :mmm:

Will do. I take delivery of the Yeti a week tomorrow.