Varioflex Seat , Bungee mod

clivecoo

• 4 weeks later...

May be worth putting some tape on the part of the S hook that attaches to the chromed headrest tubes to prevent damaging the tube surfaces?

• 10 months later...

I thought this was a really useful suggestion as I find the bungees more difficult that my previous Yeti.  Just thought I let you know that I found some really nice chrome S hooks in Wilko today for 2 quid a pair.

9DE80E29-D134-4786-99AE-BA30744ECE98.jpeg

Edited by kroq78

As an alternative to the tape suggestion by Breezy consider heat shrink sleeve, available in a range of colours on ebay and elsewhere. It will shrink on using a hair drier or heat gun, or, easier still, pop the covered hooks in the oven at 120 C for a short while. Heat shrink size should be about twice the diameter of the hook. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fred_Bristol said:

As an alternative to the tape suggestion by Breezy consider heat shrink sleeve, available in a range of colours on ebay and elsewhere. It will shrink on using a hair drier or heat gun, or, easier still, pop the covered hooks in the oven at 120 C for a short while. Heat shrink size should be about twice the diameter of the hook. 

Good suggestion 👍 although the Wilko ones are chrome so should be ok

Not about the bungee but related to the seats and removal, while refitting one of the rear seats I noticed the electrical connector box had broken off! Flimsy plastic clips onto the seat base broke.

Rather than go to the dealer and all the palaver, I super glued it in place but it does seem a weak point when you consider it's designed to be removed / replaced as you see fit ?

Edited by Gomezz
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Just found these little alternatives I will let you know if they are any good when they arrive 

UPDATE

Unfortunately the shape of the hooks are not ideal for our purposes so potential for them to lose the bungee over a bump.

Strong enough but not quite right