Fabia SEL has no SD media slot

Just took delivery of my new SEL, which has Amundsen. It turns out there is only 1 SD slot and it's for Maps.

there is no SD Media slot.

My wife's Karoq also SEL, and has Amundsen has 2 SD slots. but not on Fabias it seems?

Just so you know folks...

Just have to use USB slot and have a stick, sticking out, and then cant charge off USB while listening.

I know about apple play etc. but i like local storage so anyone driving my card can have music library, also use local storage for Radio logos and images etc.

No big deal i guess but not what i expected.

cheers

Gus

33 minutes ago, fabiagn said:

right thanks! that is where my maps SD card is,

so where does the Maps SD card go?

Mine does not have Maps function, but the SD slot in the glovebox, for me is for music. If i remember correct, i have the bolero radio.

My radio looks like this;

image.png.feaa106ba9c4c5e8ba4816b587d70909.png

Edited by FabiaGonzales

Its annoying, it should have 2 sd card slots. 

I use Google maps on android auto and have abandoned Skoda satnav,which is a great shame.

I use my music sd card in the so called map slot now.

I tried a splitter sd card adaptor and it didnt work.

I bought a nano usb stick for the usb slot and filled with media and radio logos, and bought a flush 12v -> 2xUSB for charging. The stick is so small you cant see it and the new USB charging points look like they’re part of the car. Can post exact parts when back home if anyone interested.

is there a hidden SD2 behind glovebox? I hear there is a vcds for enabling if its there.

• Thanks 1

Definitely interested in pics please.

I use my USB port for my Samsung S7 with android auto. 

I'm not a techy person at all. 

All I want is to be able to play my 3000 tunes on my sd card and my onboard satnav working at the same time.

As said I use Android Auto,Google play music and Google maps on my  Samsung via the usb  port.

Sorry,forgot to say my dashcam isn't hardwired and I use the 12v socket to plug it in.

Thanks for the trouble you've gone to.