Electrical diagram for rear view auto dimming mirror

Sorry, I don't have an account and I can't register now because I'm outside of England for a short period.

Can you help me, please ?

Best regards.

Maybe because I'm using the notebook from work and I'm limited. Now I'm outside the UK in a delegation but I need those files to know if I can do it by myself.

Can you help me, please with it?

I'd expect one side of the dimming mirror to be grounded and the other side to be connected to the auto-dimming rear view mirror. I've no idea if polarity matters. Obviously you'll need to run wires through the rubber tube between the driver/passenger doors and the car body as they won't be there as standard.

I can't tell you anything more apart from to check the wiring diagrams...

i guess you could try googling how they are fitted on a similar Golf?

At least on a FL MK2, I believe the dimming wing mirrors attach directly to the auto dimming rear view mirror. No coding changes should be needed.

Not sure about the pre-FL MK2.

I guess should be the same process.

Meantime I will need to find a very good skilled electrician to do this for me because I don't want to do something wrong.

Maybe if I find the wiring diagram until Friday this week I will give a try.