cruise retrofit

just fitted a cruise control STALK to my 2008 pre-facelift octavia, tried it down the road , but it`s not working, does anyone know what i need to do to get it working, can anyone code it for me, i live in hemel hempstead, but am willing to travel to somebody and pay them, if they can help?

thanks.

Its the main engine control ECU that needs coding, it can be done with VCDS, I had to enable it when I swapped to a remapped ECU.

Post overlapped, I'm sure Aston Bodger already knows this.

24 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Its the main engine control ECU that needs coding, it can be done with VCDS, I had to enable it when I swapped to a remapped ECU.

Post overlapped, I'm sure Aston Bodger already knows this.

Also the steering module needs recoding too.

Trev

Good to know, mine not being a retrofit was already coded.

I guess then that cruise control will be switched off if you grab an armfull of opposite lock :D

well thanks for the info lads/lasses and those who are still debating their sexuality, very useful info, BUT who can actually do the recoding please???

• 3 months later...

Hi Trev, just need to pick your brains AGAIN ! was thinking of having a remap on my 105 PD Skoda, someone mentioned the 5 speed gearbox was a bit weak on these, do you know if it's true, and if it's not, can you recommend someone who can do a remap that doesn't cost a fortune ?

Thanks

Jerry

Edited by gee57
Mistake