Octavia II - Wheels / Connectivity Help

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and new to a 2010 1.9 PD Elegance Octavia II. It’s a cracking car but I feel the standard 16” alloys just let the car down and are getting a little tired now. I think a set of 17’s would be ideal but don’t know where to start!

Also, didn’t realise how much I’d miss Bluetooth connectivity and steering wheel controls!!

Any suggestions / solutions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Most things with a 5x112 PCD should fit, if I remember correctly, stock sizes for bigger wheels include:

- 7.0J x 17" ET54 with 225/45 R17 tyres

7.5J x 18" ET51 with 225/40 R18 tyres

As you mention it, I have a set of 17" Skoda Pallas alloys (no tyres) in the garage I am thinking about selling...

You can also retrofit BT and a MFSW if you want, both have been covered extensively on the forums so a search should probably give some clues.

Thanks for the info, I’ll have a look around and may come back to you on those alloys. What condition are they in?

With regard to the connectivity, would I also need to install a mic in order to receive calls?

I have a set of 17" VW Donningtons from a Scirocco on my Mk2. Looks a little better than the stock 16" but i think 18" would probably look better. A possible change for me later in the year...

Haven't got a pic of my car but it's these ones. Taken straight off the Rocco and put on mine, fit's quite nicely.

102855_08082018_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/04/2019 at 22:42, langers2k said:

Most things with a 5x112 PCD should fit, if I remember correctly, stock sizes for bigger wheels include:

- 7.0J x 17" ET54 with 225/45 R17 tyres

7.5J x 18" ET51 with 225/40 R18 tyres

As you mention it, I have a set of 17" Skoda Pallas alloys (no tyres) in the garage I am thinking about selling...

You can also retrofit BT and a MFSW if you want, both have been covered extensively on the forums so a search should probably give some clues.

Do you still have the Pallas wheels for sale . Peter 

I had 16s on my MK1 and I didn't like the handling till I fitted a RARB. Then the car felt transformed handling-wise.

May be worth considering as it'll potentially be cheaper than a set of wheels?

Not the greatest of photos but these are the donningtons on mine. The handling is a lot nicer with these over the 16s and they're actually lighter!

IMG_20190430_174405.jpg