coin tray on the right hand side of the stearing wheel

my coin tray is held shut with blue tack because the plastic post on the opening tray broke can i get another opening piece of plastic only if i buy he whole tray  at the cost of £180 come on skoda  what a ripoff

Hi Arthur out of interest how did it happen and how have you used it in the past ? Have you been rough with it ? Slamming closed, too much in it etc. Just asking as I dont want the same thing happening to mine !

Yes I did u it every day for coins  maybe 10 times a day alas it did not last but on my suberb 2 used it every day 365 days for 3.5 years with no problems my superb and with. my superb no problems I had that one for 5 years

Amazing!!!! I didn't even know there was a tray there! I've only had the car nearly 30 months....  I wonder what else I've yet to discover..

• Haha 2

Bought my car and it's an ex Taxi-- the tray catches were well worn so I ended building it back up using layers of superglue and plastic... No way was I paying Skoda anything for a replacement.

I don't use it so I just keep it shut took a few coats and a big bit of wood to use as a wedge..

Used a really good quality glue can't remember what it was but apparently it works under water...

Really annoying when driving and it would just pop open going over a bump..

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 20/05/2019 at 17:49, jstallan said:

Amazing!!!! I didn't even know there was a tray there! I've only had the car nearly 30 months....  I wonder what else I've yet to discover..

Have a look under the front passenger seat pal, you might find a little storage compartment there as well if you’ve not come across that yet either!

• 1 year later...

Mine has also gone. So, it would appear to be poor quality. Car is 7 years old.  I purchased a replacement for a left hand drive. Assumed it would fit. But too small. It attached but struggled to keep it closed. 

17102735955746063177804579574668.jpg

Replacement from Ebay. Slightly narrower. The spring is different. Once fitted it failed to keep closed. May just have to glue it. 

17102738712077287692871706492368.jpg