Thinking of getting some 19 inch bola zzr's for my 2014 octavia vrs estate, they're 8.5j offset, will this be OK? 

Edited by ChrisHop

42 is likely, although definitely best to check. Most of Bola's offering including the R19 x 8.5J CSRs are known to fit MQB platform vehicles such as the Octavia. The company in the link, Wheelbase Alloys, don't always post the offset measurement, but if you manage to find the information elsewhere you can call them up to verify.

So you can define the offset?  Maybe a better question would be 'what offset?' rather than 'will they fit?'

If it were me i'd go for something in the mid to low 40's depending how you want it to look.  I've just fitted 20mm spacers on the back with 18 x 7j making them 31mm offset and they look just about right being a touch in from the arch.  An 8.5j will be 18.75mm further out so an offset that amount more will give the same fitment.  Call it 19mm and you have 50mm offset.  On your range above the closest you have is 45.  put those figures into willtheyfit.com and see what you get.