Mk3 Octavia TSI stage 2

So after having my Octavia over a year now I've had it stage 1 remapped to 297bhp and the clutch slips here and there but nothing major as it's a 2015 model with only 20k on the clock. I love the map but I find the car just a little too quiet and I don't want to de-tune it really so was wondering if many people here have a stage 2?! Yes it would be alot of power through the front wheels but it would be alot of fun with a bit more noise hopefully!

So basically after some advice...what mods were done, a rough cost, how harsh and heavy would the replacement clutch be to handle this sort of power.

Never done anything above a stage 1 map in my life so any advice would be great ☺

TIA

• 2 months later...

Was this posted twice? Feels like Groundhog day. Stage 2 Octy last October 2018 and 335.9bhp is certainly fun and clutch is still fine on my manual car. Have to be careful in first due to 517nm of torque but I have wider 8.5J alloys with wider 235/35R19 Michelin PS4S tyres taking the punishment so traction not bad considering. Full Milltek exhaust with sports cat and downpipe total cost £1,800 only sounds noisier when you rev it out but at 30mph in 4th gear or 60mph in 6th no louder than the standard exhaust. Went Airtec intercooler and Airtec induction kit with standard DV and very pleased (these were approx £900 fitted). Also upgraded the braking system with HEL stainless brakeline kit and DOT 5.1 motorsport spec fluid as I already have the 340mm x 30mm front and 310mm x 22mm rear vented discs as standard fitment (this was £300 fitted). Almost 9,000 miles covered since going stage 2 and no issues at all and car had a few laps around Snetterton and Donington to test everything and oil temps not going above 106C even on track. Extra bonus no oil used since service in January 2019 at 18,500 miles. Current mileage is 23,700 miles and overall fuel consumption since new is hovering around the 40mpg mark so no complaints there either.:thumbup:

• 3 years later...

Hi Shy, I’m considering a stage 2 on my mk3.5 Challenge. As well as the remap, the other equipment I’ll need would be the intercooler, induction kit and upgraded brakes? Reading through your reply.

Cheers 

Karl