Spare set of wheels

Karoqing

Looking for a bit of advice - I've never purchased wheels before.

I have a 1.5 Edition with the 19" wheels. Tyres are 235/40 R19 96W

How do I work out which alloys are suitable for my vehicle?

Websites appear to ask for the below info:

Diameter: 19"

Width: ??

PCD: ??

Offset: ??

Central bore: ??

I used to think that I was quite intelligent until attempting to buy these wheels.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/

been there many times.

On the inside surface of your wheel you will find stamped numbers showing the Width e.g. 7” and the Offset e.g. ET45 (mm)

A good guide is to look at what other wheel / tyre combinations are used on other models in the VAG family.

Most of the 5 hole 112 PCD wheels will fit the hub, but the important Overall tyre diameter and the wheel offset are key bits of information so that (a) your speedo reads pretty much the same as original and (b) the wheel or tyre do not touch anything.

Edited by BoxerBoy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BoxerBoy said:

https://www.willtheyfit.com/

been there many times.

On the inside surface of your wheel you will find stamped numbers showing the Width e.g. 7” and the Offset e.g. ET45 (mm)

A good guide is to look at what other wheel / tyre combinations are used on other models in the VAG family.

Most of the 5 hole 112 PCD wheels will fit the hub, but the important Overall tyre diameter and the wheel offset are key bits of information so that (a) your speedo reads pretty much the same as original and (b) the wheel or tyre do not touch anything.

Thank you so much for your answer. 

If you want Winter wheel without Chains then all are ok but tyre availability  is limited and cost is higher or 18 and 19

i went with 17”

as as has been said the accessory brochure or the Skoda doe pal or many other websites give info

most of the Karoo sizes are ET45

5 x 112 fixing 

57.1 bore

7 inch on 17” up to 215/225 wide tyres

4 hours ago, SimonAudi said:

If you want Winter wheel without Chains then all are ok but tyre availability  is limited and cost is higher or 18 and 19

i went with 17”

as as has been said the accessory brochure or the Skoda doe pal or many other websites give info

most of the Karoo sizes are ET45

5 x 112 fixing 

57.1 bore

7 inch on 17” up to 215/225 wide tyres

Can I go for a smaller size without screwing up the speedo? 

Yes, as long as the rolling radius of the wheel and tyre combination remains roughly the same.

Usually smaller wheels are compensated with higher profile tyres.

What's the aim here, are you looking for something smaller for improved comfort / pothole resistance, winter wheels, or just a different style of alloy for cosmetic reasons?

5 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Yes, as long as the rolling radius of the wheel and tyre combination remains roughly the same.

Usually smaller wheels are compensated with higher profile tyres.

What's the aim here, are you looking for something smaller for improved comfort / pothole resistance, winter wheels, or just a different style of alloy for cosmetic reasons?

Spare set for winter tyres is the objective and I'd like them to not look too far from stock (or at least not like I'm attempting to be a boy racer in my Karoq...) - so alloys.

Then 17" has the best choice of tyre manufacturers at the recommended size at a good price.

image.thumb.png.faf37a10d5dc04b8f10214754d606464.png

image.thumb.png.478a60499a0ad690786dba76e2f7030e.png

My edition as standard has the 19" Crater

I went for 17" Triton - with 215 55 R17 tyres - Goodyear Ultragrip Gen 1 at £650 for the set of alloys and £400 for the tyres + £40 fitting

I prefered the 18" Mitykas - wheels were marginally more expensive but tyre choice was much less and much more expensive.

From memory £700 wheels and £600 for tyres and £40 fit

16 hours ago, Karoqing said:

Spare set for winter tyres is the objective and I'd like them to not look too far from stock (or at least not like I'm attempting to be a boy racer in my Karoq...) - so alloys.

Wheels are very subjective. I bought my winter wheels used off eBay. Given that with my commute they spend most of the winter covered in muck, brand new ones weren't really warranted. I appreciate opinion varies.

Here is a set of very clean genuine Skoda 17" Dolomite alloys with an ET of 45 from off the Yeti. A nice simple design, so they won't collect the winter road grime, with the added advantage of them being very easy to wipe around with a sponge.

Two are unmarked, two have a few small scratches.

Delivered to your door for less than £400...

image.thumb.png.1f6fdfc2f808f076931be069aec655d9.png

image.png.eeb75abbadbeb4f3915809b0e33dfbbc.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-YETI-17-INCH-ALLOY-WHEELS-5L0601025B-7-0Jx17H2/283481552222?epid=1337329396&hash=item4200d1355e:g:iUgAAOSwZGBc1wCN

There are lots more on eBay too.

The 16" alloys from the Skoda Superb Greenline (Spectrum's) are a popular winter wheel, so lots of choice used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

Wheels are very subjective. I bought my winter wheels used off eBay. Given that with my commute they spend most of the winter covered in muck, brand new ones weren't really warranted. I appreciate opinion varies.

Here is a set of very clean genuine Skoda 17" Dolomite alloys with an ET of 45 from off the Yeti. A nice simple design, so they won't collect the winter road grime, with the added advantage of them being very easy to wipe around with a sponge.

Two are unmarked, two have a few small scratches.

Delivered to your door for less than £400...

image.thumb.png.1f6fdfc2f808f076931be069aec655d9.png

image.png.eeb75abbadbeb4f3915809b0e33dfbbc.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-YETI-17-INCH-ALLOY-WHEELS-5L0601025B-7-0Jx17H2/283481552222?epid=1337329396&hash=item4200d1355e:g:iUgAAOSwZGBc1wCN

There are lots more on eBay too.

The 16" alloys from the Skoda Superb Greenline (Spectrum's) are a popular winter wheel, so lots of choice used.

The 16” Spectrum alloys that I used as winter wheels on my  previous Yeti are now my sons winter wheels on his Karoq Edition. 

• Like 1

On 27/05/2019 at 22:05, Karoqing said:

I chose 17”  Nanuqs for my Bear.

41CD2F48-3BFF-41B7-ABC1-552F9AA896DD.jpeg