Superb 2.0 tsi 4x4 280 hk DTEPowerbox

Superb 2.0 tsi 4x4 280 hk DTEPowerbox somebody tried this one? Coming whit 2 years warranty and 100.000 km, can buy xtra so you have 3 years. 

Why i Wonder is that skoda cant find out if thiis is used compare to flash the ECU. 

And they give 2-3 years warranty. 

Yeah i know from old days powerboxes was not good at all. Are they better now? Us ut safe? 

Thx all.... 😁 

Yeah i know i Will ofcourse dimounte it from the car when i am going to tthe workshop for service er Else. 

The thing i Wonder is are they safe. I geel everybody say No its bad. And yeah i know they manipulate the ecu siganals and so on. But can it be so bad if they give you 3 years of warranty? 

Thats the thing i mainly ask about. 

I will tale it away when going to workshop. 👍 

Sorry, I didn’t mean you can physically see it, they will leave evidence all over the ECU, like I say it’s unlikely they will look for this evidence... but it will be there.

Edited by Gizmo

I'll give you 10 years warranty on mine so it must be even less bad :D

13 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Sorry, I didn’t mean you can physically see it, they will leave evidence all over the ECU, like I say it’s unlikely they will look for this evidence... but it will be there.

Yeah this i understand but then i think they need to send the ECU away NO workshop i know about have som good software for this. They only got dummy diagnostic tools. only for fault codes and live data and so on. They cant even code stuff.

'They' who ever they are were not born yesterday.

'We they' are having to pay out a few thousand on a 'Warranty Claim' on an engine failure say, 'they' have all the gear and more than an idea. 

So no point generalising on what 'they' can do or will do when investigating a 'ECU'.   Insurance loss adjusters and Accident Investigation Officers / Police or just Warranty Underwriters.

Plenty fall foul of it happening.

When you modify a vehicle just declare with your insurer and if you want a warranty to be valid remember it is an insurance policy as well, 

don't expect people to be stupid when it comes to paying out lots of money, or not if they can get away with not paying out.

• Like 1

If you are going back to a main dealer then their diagnosis software (ODIS) can detect you have had a remap or even a tuning box fitted... without removing anything from the car. 

The ONLY reason I can think of going for a tuning box over a remap is you can remove it and sell it on at a later date (or use it on another identical car) 

• Like 1

I'd personally never buy a tuning box. It's a recipe for disaster. Wait until your warranty expires and then get a proper map provided by a tuner who will tune your car on a rolling road to its individual requirements. Don't forget your dsg will also require calibration to take into account the extra performance.A decent tuner will never just remap the vehicle without providing the dsg calibration.

4 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

?

Why wait until the Manufacturers Warranty Expires?

If you want to improve performance 'just do it', and if it goes 't1ts up you just splash the cash. Life is too short to be thinking you lack power for years...

Sounds like you growing money trees in the back yard. This car costs enough here in norway. And if yeah you know engine blows up, then i can just walk to the store end buy a rope and Google how to hang your self. 👍 

Tongue in cheek.

But like a tuning box or remap or any mod you either want it or you do not.

If you want Valid Warranty cover there is little point removing stuff so that a Dealer / Manufacturer / Warranty underwriter might pay out on something that went wrong with 'nion factory approved hardware or engine management IMO.

On 30/05/2019 at 18:40, Gizmo said:

If you are going back to a main dealer then their diagnosis software (ODIS) can detect you have had a remap or even a tuning box fitted... without removing anything from the car. 

The ONLY reason I can think of going for a tuning box over a remap is you can remove it and sell it on at a later date (or use it on another identical car) 

Hypothetically, could a tuner who also has access to ODIS return the car to stock and remove 99% of the traces of a remap and if/when the dealer queries a checksum/counter discrepancy, you could just claim “oh yeah I just used OBDEleven to change the clock to BST” or similar. 

Basically, can ODIS be used to stop ODIS detecting anything? 

Edited by penguin17