Smart link/car play

Just spoke to my local dealer, they just sounded confused! Can anyone recommend anywhere in Dorset to get it sorted? 

Edited by Dan77

It can be done, some dealers just don’t want to do it. They would be doing it every time they fit a major part like a radio on a new item too :D saying it’s used puts them off sometimes. Can’t help you with a recommendation as you are very far from me, all I can say is that if you can’t find someone in a good distance, try a service who will send you a VAS interface and do it remotely.

Out of the four Skoda dealerships I’ve called up about component protection, one says it can’t be done, one says it costs well over £100, one says 40 but they can’t do it until mid July and one said they’d ring back in 10 minutes, that was 4 hours ago!

those of you that have had it done, where did you get it done and how much did it cost? 

Edited by Dan77

2 hours ago, Dan77 said:

Out of the four Skoda dealerships I’ve called up about component protection, one says it can’t be done, one says it costs well over £100, one says 40 but they can’t do it until mid July and one said they’d ring back in 10 minutes, that was 4 hours ago!

those of you that have had it done, where did you get it done and how much did it cost? 

Is Swindon drive able for you? I know an independent that will do it for less than £50? Did mine with 4 hours notice.

1 minute ago, Dan77 said:

Thanks mate I’ll give them a call in the morning, 

Just be aware, after unlocking the stereo will work for a few minutes before losing functionality. It’s going to be a quiet drive home :)

15 minutes ago, Maverick567 said:

Just be aware, after unlocking the stereo will work for a few minutes before losing functionality. It’s going to be a quiet drive home :)

That’s alright as soon as is sorted it’s going to Pav

Component protection sorted this morning, how do I update the nav card, been on Skoda portal but it won’t show any nav updates as my vin doesn’t have nav associated with it, do I just need to use a vin number that does? Other than that everything seems to be working, 

Edited by Dan77

• 3 weeks later...

Got the radio back, the smart link doesn’t seem to be working when I plug my phone in, just says “please select a device” am I missing something obvious? 

Everything is coded and working now, thanks to Sasha for the advice and Pav for getting it working, only thing that doesn’t seem to work is the “App” button on the screen, I’m guessing this is supposed to open the smart link, 

Hi sorry to jack your post, could someone advise me best course of action to be able to play video's or activate the smart link? Vehicle is an 2015 Octavia VRS and pretty sure its the 5Q0035874A Amundsen system.

66990832_1104543669934689_3110947470801108992_n.jpg

66711873_1104543593268030_6520201581613285376_n.jpg

66837230_1104543629934693_6838764069076336640_n.jpg