Internal Boot Release and Footwell Lights

Hi All,

I've had my car about 4 days now and noticed a few issues. I thought I'd ask here first before heading off the the local dealer.

I've noticed on my car that the internal Electric Boot Release isn't working. Press the button to open it and NOTHING. Operate the boot from the outside and it's fine and also works from the key fob fine. Any ideas ?

The second point is that the Footwell lights don't seem to work. I can adjust them (Car -> Settings -> Background Lighting) and change the slider setting but nothing happens. The LED strips in the dash and door and work fine.

These all worked on my 2016 L&K so I'm assuming they should on this 2018 L&K..

Any ideas ?

John

Edited by jstallan
added open

From the inside, you can only open the eletric tailgate with the button close to the gearbox lever. But you can't close it with this button. Unless you use VCP and reconfigure it.

No idea for the footwell LED 😞 

4 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

From the inside, you can only open the eletric tailgate with the button close to the gearbox lever. But you can't close it with this button. Unless you use VCP and reconfigure it.

No idea for the footwell LED 😞 

I meant opening from the inside - I'm aware on the restrictions of using the bitton to close the boot. I've amended my post. thanks

Hi

Is your car new or was it purchased second hand ?

Silly thought but have they been coded out ?

Only reason I can think off 

Is

1. faulty contact pressure switches 

The same happened to my MK2 when it accidentally got wet after a coffee spillage

Assume they are near enough the same as 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jJnFBHMbR5kQs38p6

2. the other option for the boot button (maybe) is the fuse has gone 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fuse-box.info/skoda/skoda-superb-b8-3v-2015-2018-fuse-box-diagram

Not sure if fuse number 50 is for the internal switch or is it's fuse number 41 which control multiple functions of it were this you wouldn't have light and windscreen washers 

For the footwell lights , they are on fuse number is 43 but again I would assume other internal lights we not working 

Seems a bit odd bar damaged cabling or a connection issue

Especially if all 4 are not working (front and rear footwells)

My only other suggestion is to factory reset the whole informainment system in case it's got confused along the way ....

To the dealers with it I would go ......

Thanks for the reply.

The car is used and I would of thought that all the features would be available. 

Car was previously owned by Skoda UK.

I did thing about fuses, but like you, would expect multiple failures.

Looks like a dealer job...

I'd worked out that I wasn't pressing the internal boot button hard enough. Seems that the button on my old L&K was a little sensitive - so that's one problem solved!

Popped in to the dealer this morning about the ambient lighting issue. Low and hold it all seemed to work when the technician made the setting changes!  Just need to test it properly once it's dark...

• Like 1