Bottom part of bumper removal

Bobbycas

Hello guys. Just wondering if i will have to remove the whole front and rear bumper to remove the bottom part sprayed in silver? I hate the silver look and i want to respray  gloss black. 

Many thanks 

It’s a 2014 yeti new shape

23 hours ago, Taz3611 said:

I just masked mine and sprayed the front and the rear ones. Very happy with the results 😊

1B02BDF3-98C2-454F-99EE-FBD3BE692231.jpeg

That is what i am looking to get. Very nice. I will post some pics after its done. Thanks 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 05/01/2021 at 05:51, SmileyWalsh said:

Bobbycas, how did you go? What was the process for removing the front lower part? About to do mine if I can get it removed easily. 

Thread revival time. 

Did you manage to remove the lower bumper, and if so can you explain how please?

• 4 months later...

Has anyone done this ?

I can see that there are push pins underneath the bottom edge, but not sure where you start to ease the silver frame out of the backing ?

I tried again recently but didn't manage it. I have concluded the bottom doesn't come off until the top is removed with it. There is no way the bottom prises off - there are just too many overlapping clips there to keep released at the same time. I managed to get the push pins out, but that didn't make a huge difference to how clipped together the assembly felt.

• Like 1

I want to fit mesh in the lower grille as is shown in this post

I asked one of the posters who'd done it how he got the grille off and got this;

'I'll try to help, but my recollection of what I did is all a bit hazy, its a while ago, and I no longer have my Yeti to look at and check (only sold it three months ago, as it happens).

As far as the barbs go, I reckon that I would have used a thin flat bladed screwdriver to press the barbed section of the clip down, to allow it to slip backwards through the hole. I'm fairly sure I would have done this one at a time, working from one end.

Anything further than that, I'm sorry, but I doubt I will be able to help."

Which was no help really.

When it is warmer I'm going to take the wheelarch liners off and see if I can dismantle from behind the bumper. I suspect the car needs to be on front jacks or ramps to get enough access, or the whole front end needs to be removed 🤷

I'm not sure how you can get individual barbs out once in, without having to lever the black frame plastic to the point of breaking.

It sounds the same as the grille and outer chrome or black frame on the facelift Yeti, I have got it apart twice now, the second time easier than the first once it had lost its virginity.

Its one of these jobs that you have to stop pondering, bite the bullet and get on with it.

7 hours ago, J.R. said:

It sounds the same as the grille and outer chrome or black frame on the facelift Yeti, I have got it apart twice now, the second time easier than the first once it had lost its virginity.

Its one of these jobs that you have to stop pondering, bite the bullet and get on with it.

What was your technique ...?