SE L / Monte Carlo

I'm looking at buying an SE L maybe in the next couple weeks as in the other trims I'm not a fan of the seat colours, however I've noticed that the headlights are also different in this trim, are those Xenons ??

Also a heads up on anything to look out for would be handy to know about the TSI models as we're interested in getting a manufacturer approved 1.2

23 minutes ago, rum4mo said:

The belt driven 1.2TSI seems to be an okay engine, my wife has a 2015 110PS in her Polo.

Good to know. I don't mind either the 90 or 110 as the Mrs will be using it daily and she only does 6 miles.

at the weekends though it will see on occasional a 120 mile or 260 mile trip..

1 hour ago, Gazman said:

I'm looking at buying an SE L maybe in the next couple weeks as in the other trims I'm not a fan of the seat colours, however I've noticed that the headlights are also different in this trim, are those Xenons ??

Also a heads up on anything to look out for would be handy to know about the TSI models as we're interested in getting a manufacturer approved 1.2

Theyre not xenons, no. They’re just projector halogens with an led daytime running light. 

8 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Theyre not xenons, no. They’re just projector halogens with an led daytime running light. 

Ok,wandered why there was no mention of those in the vehicle specs, thanks for answering my query..

On 13/06/2019 at 14:01, Confused_Cheese said:

Just out of interest, the LED DRL's on the SE L models... can they be replaced separately if they fail or do you have to swap the entire headlight unit? 🤔

It’s actually surface mount diodes that provide the light.  I can’t remember if you can just whip out part of the PCB they’re fixed to or not though. I’d be a bit miffed at having to replace a full light cluster for the sake of a couple of diodes that cost only a few quid. 

Yeah for sure, was just curious as a friend who has a seat Leon was well annoyed at the cost of a sealed led unit for his fr when one failed. Assuming as its some hybrid cluster it would be possible to replace on its own but when I looked I couldn't find any online

5 hours ago, Confused_Cheese said:

Yeah for sure, was just curious as a friend who has a seat Leon was well annoyed at the cost of a sealed led unit for his fr when one failed. Assuming as its some hybrid cluster it would be possible to replace on its own but when I looked I couldn't find any online

Probably possible but doubtful you would ever get the light unit resealed properly.