Noise, seems to be from around Petrol tank area !

I came home last night and noticed a strange noise from what seems to be the petrol tank area, well around the drivers side rear wheel. Its like an airlocked sound, you know in a rad where theres water with air trying to escape, a "bubbling type of noise". I did listen to it for at least a few minutes if not longer (it was 2:30 in the morning and I wasn't standing beside it till it stopped). It just seemed to keep doing it over & over again after the car had been turned off.

It was that bad that SWMBO passed comment on it when out smoking.

Any ideas ?

Also have an annoying rattle from rear passangers side, hard to pin point but from the drivers seat it seems to be around the edge of seat/door area :mad: .

I came home last night and noticed a strange noise from what seems to be the petrol tank area' date=' well around the drivers side rear wheel. Its like an airlocked sound, you know in a rad where theres water with air trying to escape, a "bubbling type of noise". I did listen to it for at least a few minutes if not longer (it was 2:30 in the morning and I wasn't standing beside it till it stopped). It just seemed to keep doing it over & over again after the car had been turned off.

It was that bad that SWMBO passed comment on it when out smoking.

Any ideas ?

Also have an annoying rattle from rear passangers side, hard to pin point but from the drivers seat it seems to be around the edge of seat/door area :mad: .[/quote']

Don't know about the gurgling sound - but the rattle from passenger rear is also on mine :thumbdwn: I have not had chance to locate it yet tho!!

Don't know about the gurgling sound !

Gurgling, thats the word I was looking for :) , too early in the morning ;) Its very strange.

- but the rattle from passenger rear is also on mine :thumbdwn: I have not had chance to locate it yet tho!!

If you find anything let me know.

My MK1 octy did this, it was more noticable when the tank was full. I think it has something to do with the fuel system depresurising and returning fuel back to the tank.

- but the rattle from passenger rear is also on mine :thumbdwn: I have not had chance to locate it yet tho!!

My mother of all people sorted the rattle :thumbup: it was coming from some part of the clips used to release the rear seat. She pressed some part of them and the rattle is gone. The left side was worst but it would occasionally do it also on the right side. I did try and make sure the seats were fully pushed back. I had a good spin afterwards and its definitely gone :D

My MK1 octy did this, it was more noticable when the tank was full. I think it has something to do with the fuel system depresurising and returning fuel back to the tank.

I never noticed it on the old one, but it was filled the night before and probably 1/4 of a tank used when it happened last night.

Take it to my favourite garage in D12 and they should sort it for you:rofl: :rofl:

:eek: :rofl:

My car does the gurgling thing when the petrol tank is fairly full. you probably never noticed as it takes a few minutes for it to happen.

Glad to see the car is still in one piece... Is it run-in yet ??? :D

I also heard this noise. Try to open the fuel refilling cap and it stops immediately. This gurglnig noise is caused by the pressure circumstances of the fuel system. When You open the cap, the pressure equalizes to normal air pressure.

In my opinion.