Karoq model year 2020 enhancements

skoda1982

In addition to a striking, emotive design language and a generous amount of space, the ŠKODA KODIAQ and ŠKODA KAROQ also boast new self-assured brand lettering on the tailgate. This hallmark adorns the new ŠKODA SCALA and KAMIQ compact models as well as the recently updated SUPERB, and will now gradually feature on the rear of all ŠKODA models.

Side Assist with a range of 70 m 
The optional Side Assist has been added to the comprehensive selection of assistance systems for the ŠKODA KODIAQ and KAROQ, replacing the previous Blind Spot Detect in both SUVs. In the new system, the range increases from 20 to 70 m. It uses two radar sensors to detect vehicles approaching from behind or that are in the car’s blind spot. The warning signals have been made more noticeable for the driver too. Rather than being situated in the mirror’s glass as they were before, the light signals are now found on the insides of the wing mirrors. They are considerably easier to notice and their brightness can be adjusted. The system works while accelerating at speeds of 15 km/h or more and down to a speed of 10 km/h while braking. Rear Traffic Alert is an integral part of Side Assist too. It warns the driver about objects moving behind the vehicle when reversing.

Adaptive chassis (DCC) can now also be combined with front-wheel drive 
The optional adaptive chassis (DCC) considerably boosts comfort in both ŠKODA SUVs. It is no longer exclusively available with all-wheel-drive vehicles, but can now also be ordered in conjunction with front-wheel drive. Boasting electronically adjustable shock absorbers, DCC automatically adapts the shock absorption to suit the road conditions and the current or preferred driving style. Via Driving Mode Select, the driver can also choose between three shock absorption modes – Comfort, Normal and Sport – which offer a variety of driving styles ranging from particularly comfortable to sporty.

KESSY with a motion sensor 
ŠKODA is gradually equipping all of its models with the KESSY vehicle entry key with a motion sensor, thereby reducing the risk of the car being stolen or broken into. In this system, which is optional for the KAROQ and KODIAQ, the key’s transmitter signal switches off automatically after 15 minutes of no movement – if it is placed in a drawer or on a desk, for example. As soon as the key is moved again, the transmitter function is re-activated. The ŠKODA KAROQ or KODIAQ can then be opened conveniently as usual and switched on using the start button, without the need to take out the key.

New 2.0 TDI for the ŠKODA KAROQ 
A new 2.0 TDI with a power output of 140 kW (190 PS) has been added to the ŠKODA KAROQ’s range of engines. Of course, it also fulfils the Euro 6d-TEMP emissions standard, having been fitted with an SCR catalytic converter including AdBlue injection and a diesel particulate filter. The engine, which is already familiar from the ŠKODA KODIAQ, is combined with all-wheel drive and a 7-speed DSG transmission as standard.

New sporty wheels for the ŠKODA KODIAQ 
The 2020 model year also sees the introduction of a new set of alloy wheels for the ŠKODA KODIAQ. The sporty 20-inch ‘Ignite’ wheels feature a greater width of 255 mm and are available as an option for the ŠKODA KODIAQ SPORTLINE as well as for the top-of-the-line KODIAQ RS and KODIAQ L&K. A new tyre pressure monitoring system for individual wheels is optional for tyres measuring 18 inches or more. Seat covers made of temperature-regulating leather now come as an option for the ŠKODA KODIAQ SCOUT.

An SUV success story: the ŠKODA KODIAQ and KAROQ 
In autumn 2016, the Czech brand kicked off its major SUV campaign as part of its 2025 Strategy by launching the ŠKODA KODIAQ. The compact ŠKODA KAROQ followed a year later. With these two cars, ŠKODA captured the zeitgeist as well as met the needs of the customers in the globally booming SUV segment. Since then, the ŠKODA KODIAQ and ŠKODA KAROQ have become key pillars of the company’s global growth strategy. Around 360,000 ŠKODA KODIAQs have been produced worldwide since the car’s launch in autumn 2016. Its line-up consists of a wide range of models: the rugged KODIAQ SCOUT, the KODIAQ SPORTLINE, the sophisticated KODIAQ L&K and the sporty top-of-the-line KODIAQ RS. Since autumn 2017, more than 220,000 ŠKODA KAROQs have already been manufactured; ŠKODA’s compact SUV is also available as a SCOUT and SPORTLINE variant.

34 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

In addition to a striking, emotive design language and a generous amount of space, the ŠKODA KODIAQ and ŠKODA KAROQ also boast new self-assured brand lettering on the tailgate.

baby-memes-omg-cute-things-083012-10.jpg

Having been told earlier year that the Karoq Edition with 1.5tsi DSG was only available in 4x4 form. I now hear that the MY 2020 Edition with 1.5tsi DSG is coming back in 2 wheel form. However not sure if it will have the panoramic opening roof. No form confirmation from Skoda though.

https://www.skoda-auto.com/company/importers#anchor-M27-a2131650

Some of the Skoda Karoq configurators (haven't checked them all ) now showing images and you would imagine specs of the 2020 MY Karoq, e.g. France and Italy

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/fra/fra/fr-fr/nu7/65000

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/ita/ita/it-it/nu7/65000

The UK cofigurator still showing previous MY images and specs ....... wonder why?

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/gbr/gbr/en-gb/nu7/66329

No 1.5TSI EVO engines available for the 2020MY Karoq in France or Italy (don't no if there was for the previous MYs)

Edited by Apprentice
UK linky

I raised the question with Skoda (UK) & here is there response 

Thank you for your email regarding brochures, price lists and updating the car configurator to reflect Model Year 2020 changes.
“I have checked this with our Vehicles Support Team and we believe that this query requires further investigation.

Therefore, I have sent your query off to the Product Team so we can gain further information on this. Once I have received a response from our Product Team, I will endeavour to update you on this matter as soon as possible.

Thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK.”

As we are now close to the end of July 2019, the factories, I would think should be starting to build MY2020 vehicles. Skoda are currently holding an event offering extra £1k Karoqs ordered between 25/07/19 & 07/08/19. How can you expect anybody to place an order then brochures, price list etc are not available?

I have the same problem, want to order a Karoq. There is some small print at the bottom of one of the web pages, Possibly the configurator section, which says all factory orders from June will be 2020 spec.

Been to two dealers, nobody knows what the 2020 spec is yet! Auto Express know more about it, there was an article about a facelift for 2020 a few weeks ago for Karoq & Kodiaq, it’s still on their website, they mention changes to the rear badging, a new Diesel engine, and Kessy changes, how many more changes there are who knows!!

The £1 k special offer seems to be stock vehicles only, so they are trying to get rid of 2019 stock before the facelift obviously.

Very frustrating, I want to place an order which will involve factory options, with an estimated 4 month wait, but there may be other items I may want to order, but I can’t see the spec.. to decide.

I haven’t bothered asking Skoda UK, from experience I find that they can never give you a simple answer to a simple question, such as when is the 2020 spec going to be on their website, and how much is changing on the facelift, which only Auto Express seem to know about.

Thanks 1982, been away, just saw your reply. I did wonder where it came from!

Having had 2 Roomsters and 3 Yetis over the years, I have come across situations like this before, where other countries have had options that Skoda UK didn’t, or vice versa.

i love the 1.0 L engine in my Karoq, especially with DSG, but although it is on the configurator you cannot order one with DSG any more, and dealers don’t know why, or if it will come back on the 2020 spec, or even if the 1.0 is being dropped in the Karoq altogether.

It just makes me wary of factory ordering a new spec car until I’ve seen what is available in print.

just have to wait and see........

• 2 weeks later...

Having not heard from Skoda UK for over 7 days, I gave them a gentle reminded & received the following 

“Thank you for your email regarding updating our systems to fully reflect Model Year 2020 changes on the ŠKODA KAROQ.

I have checked for contact from the Product Team and have received a response:

Currently the car configurator, price and spec guide and brochure are planned to be available from 20 August. The KAROQ 1.5 TSI 150PS manual engine, will be available from September onwards.

I hope this information proves useful and thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK.”

so so I wait & see!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that info, I’ll just have to sit and wait until 20th to see what is actually happening about the 1.0 L models. As I think I mentioned before, the 1.0 L DSG is still on the 2019 configurator but with a little asterisk, which means stock items only, but there is no current UK stock according to dealers who have asked Skoda.

At least we now have a date when all will be revealed.

• 6 months later...

AWD models were factory fitted with multy link rear suspension but haven't read it is available on FWD models.

Re. DCC:

https://www.skoda.co.uk/news/details/skoda-karoq-and-kodiaq-enter-2020-model-year-with-visual-and-technological-enhancements

Edited by Apprentice
linky