Drivers rear quarter window Part No. - Help needed!

Good afternoon all,

Had a nightmare today, rear window smashed, need a replacement!

So, can anyone take a photo of their Superb MK1 with Sunset glass for the part number please? (See picture for what window).

I've found some online / eBay but nothing that matches with the sunset glass.

Also, if anyone has anywhere decent to buy one, please let me know!

Cheers, 

Jamie.

20190719_161901.jpg

Edited by JamieP86

Nige, on there unfortunately it just says it's a window, doesn't give a part number!

I'm going to call autoglass today and see if they can replace like for like.

10 minutes ago, JamieP86 said:

Nige, on there unfortunately it just says it's a window, doesn't give a part number!

I'm going to call autoglass today and see if they can replace like for like.

Part numbers are there. The glass isn’t a separate part, comes with the seal. 

Just for information, avoid at all costs replacing this window! 

Autoglass and their supplier can't find one anywhere, and it's on "back order"... I.e. there isn't one.

Now a waiting game for a phone call, could be a day, could be a month apparently.

That's what I kinda meant. Had you broken a front one then it would have been sorted by now. It's quite a random window and coming complete with the seal and channels it's unlikely to be stocked for a car that went out of production 10+ years ago sadly.

Tech1e - i didn't realise this window was part of the seal, hopefully an easy job to replace.

Nige - funnily enough, I've found one being broken in my town, so messaged them to see if I can go and look, hopefully it's the sunset glass and not aftermarket tint.

Still no luck, Autoglass say it's still on backorder, spoke to a local window place, who said TPS have found one in Germany (But approx £500!).

I may go down the route he suggested, fit a standard window and have it tinted as close as possible to the current glass, this will cost £70+ VAT which isn't too bad.

On 27/07/2019 at 10:26, JamieP86 said:

Still no luck, Autoglass say it's still on backorder, spoke to a local window place, who said TPS have found one in Germany (But approx £500!).

I may go down the route he suggested, fit a standard window and have it tinted as close as possible to the current glass, this will cost £70+ VAT which isn't too bad.

If it is being done by Autoglass, get your insurer involved.  They can clearly get hold of one by going to TPS it sounds, they're just not wanting to.

When one of the windscreen places broke my rain sensor it took them a surprising amount of time to get a part I knew was in stock at TPS.  When the guy turned up it was clearly from a breaker's yard (chalk marker marks on it).

It wouldn't surprise me if they are trying to do similar to you.

Autoglass ordered the one from TPS to be fair, took some time to come from Germany.

Had it fitted today and all good, perfect colour match. 

Just an awkward piece of glass to get hold of apparently!

• Like 1