Dsg mechatronic issue

Andy0528

Still no update from Skoda UK and returned from holiday yesterday expecting a hire car - and no surprise it wasn't delivered. Spent last hour trying to speak to a manager but none available! Now been promised a car within 2 hours but still waiting for someone to update me on progress with my car. I've sent an email complaint to the Managing Director of Skoda UK but not hopeful of a satisfactory response. First and last Skoda for me

That is unfortunate with the hire car situation. As I posted above, my car has been in for warranty work due to a rattle from underneath. I was in a dealer courtesy Fabia, but was not happy to have this for a trip to Sctoland and asked for a more suitable vehicle similar in size to the Karoq. Later that day a SEAT Tarraco was delivered to the dealer for my use, on hire from Enterprise. This was organised by the 'Skoda Mobility Team' at Skoda UK, but arranged by the dealer. I kept that car until yesterday, when my Karoq was returned after warranty work. So you should have no issue getting a car, seems like it has gone wrong for you.

To finish my previous note on my issue, it was a broken fly-wheel and this has been replaced. The rattling noises from below was not gearbox or DSG-mechatronic / clutch related and the dealer was a pains to state this. Also at pains to say it was not related to previous warranty work for the Haldex on the rear axle. So my issue is not the same as yours, so will bow out to not confuse this thread.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

• 1 month later...

New unit fitted but since then very jerky when setting off. Dealer says no fault codes and solution is to turn off auto hold. Says all DSGs jerk when starting off. If I turn stop start off smooth set off and also smooth without auto hold. Back to Skoda UK as it wasn't like this prior to the gearbox issue. 

• Like 1

I had same issue. Found this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php%3f9034953-Autohold-revisited&p=110105889&amp=1

Performed the tweak w. OBD11 and car started behaving normally.

You may look around (both Skoda and VW forums) for autohold and hill-assist issues. Many reported improvement after applying above tweak. Yet others are claiming it settled down after 10k+ Kms on clock (so breaks as well as self-learning in ECU adopts to driving style or so)

• Like 1

If such a tweak makes all the difference then the biggest most lying car manufacturers in the world have Official Dealerships globally with what should be trained technicians with all thew gear and something between the ears to carry that out for free gratis as their 'factory engineers, or what they have left not scared of being arrested, messed up, and the heid yins messed up signing off fault cars and then signing of the 'Fixes' for faulty cars. 

• 2 months later...

I also have 7 speed kodiaq 2018 after I complete the service of 10,000 km the gearbox show faulty and stop working ( this was on 11 October 2019)

I took it to the dealership and they said we are going to change the mechatronic

The spare part ordered from Czech Republic and after they received it

Also not working

So they called me again and they said we are going to order another one and they did

I am waiting them to call me soon

I should receive my car this week

It tooks now one month and half with them

Not sure if I will have this issue again

Hope not

Screenshot_20191121_110701_com.whatsapp.jpg

• Thanks 2

Weird that these faults have occured on 2.0 engines which I assume use the DQ381 or DQ500 units, both of which even HonestJohn admits are as reliable as any other. The historically troublesome DQ200 is the dry clutch box that's fitted to the smaller engines.

I'm currently waiting to hear back from Skoda which DSG they fit to 1.5tsi these days. I've read that Tiguan changed from DQ200 to DQ381 but neither SEAT nor Skoda have confirmed what they use. All dealers I've spoken to so far haven't a scooby, all they know is if it's 6 or 7 speed. ( one of them even managed to get that wrong! ).

Seems pointless asking if it's a wet ot dry as that's even less well known and to be honest, 99% of owners, sales or service receptionists wouldn't care. Much better to ask if the gearbox needs servicing every 3yr ( an oil change at £189?) or is it maintenance free - just makes it easier for us plonkers to work out whether it's wet or dry.

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, Hairball said:

things change.....but I may have been fed duff information

I'm not sure how anyone can claim otherwise Hairball.  Skoda have just contacted me and they don't know either!  They first need the VIN. So does that mean you have to buy the car before they can tell if it has one of the unreliable gearboxes fitted?

Call me picky but this is the type of info I'd like to know before ordering.