Over heating

Hi guys,

so I took my car in to have water pump and belt done, they told me the job will take about 5 hours so left it with them all day yesterday. 

After speaking to them they told me the car was causing them problems and the parts were different from what they were used to, they said in particular the water pump is different as it cones with sensor attached.

My car is a 2015 estate 2.0 diesel, why would this cause them issues? Thought all parts were kinda standard? 

Sounds to me like they got the wrong part and want to blame someone else.  Those blooming cars, can be a right nuisance when they put their minds to it.  Nearly as bad as teenagers I tell 'ya!

There may be variations, but you're right, it's a common enough engine.  How hard can it be!

Gaz

The water pump has a sleeve which moves to reduce water flow when the car is cold to trigger a faster warm up time.  Not sure how they actually work though.

The water pumps changed design a number of years ago with the inception of split cooling systems.

I take it this wasn't a main dealer then? As main dealers have plenty of experience of these as they crap themselves often enough.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

The water pumps changed design a number of years ago with the inception of split cooling systems.

I take it this wasn't a main dealer then? As main dealers have plenty of experience of these as they crap themselves often enough.

Unfortunately it was a last minute repair, all my usual places were busy and I needed it repaired asap i do alot of miles .

Hopefully it works when returned later! 

1 hour ago, cutlerl12 said:

Unfortunately it was a last minute repair, all my usual places were busy and I needed it repaired asap i do alot of miles .

Hopefully it works when returned later! 

Plenty of threads on the water pump problems.

4 hours ago, cutlerl12 said:

Hi guys,

so I took my car in to have water pump and belt done, they told me the job will take about 5 hours so left it with them all day yesterday. 

After speaking to them they told me the car was causing them problems and the parts were different from what they were used to, they said in particular the water pump is different as it cones with sensor attached.

My car is a 2015 estate 2.0 diesel, why would this cause them issues? Thought all parts were kinda standard?