permanent disable of start stop on superb mk2 hatch FL

I guess this has been discused here, but I couldnt find a topic, so please help:) I tried with ross tech but couldnt find a menu for temperature edit...

I will try it this weekend with my friend from skoda dealer who has also VAS/Odis, but he claims he couldnt turn off SS with factory tools. we will see...I managed to turn on hill hold on whith hex V2😀

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to change the code. Coding was accepted but SS still runs🤨 my car is superb mk2 made in 2015. The last series. So maybe this is because I have the last series of mk2?

Nope, the button will be disabled ( no light ) .

With this codding it'll never fulfill all the condition for the ECU to activate start/stop , so it'll be disabled ( icon in MFD )

To " @AlexVicol " - What condition is changed? Temperature or Voltage or something else? What does it mean - Icon in "MFD"? Is there a message or icon? I succesfully disabled the "Start/Stop"-System but recieved the big non stop blinking message in "MFD" and repeated sound and I activate the system back.

Important: I succesfully disabled the system with another method, not like methods here and because it does not work I do not shere at all..

the coding changes the temperature when will SS be available to smth. that will never be fulfilled .

MFD is the screen in front of the steering wheel, where you have the nr of km / miles .

There sould be in the top corner the letter S cutout .

I don't have any sounds with this coding changed.

• 3 months later...

Guys, I think I did it! Last night I tried again with vcds hexV2. But this time, I needed to be sure that coding was accepted. Looks like it was really accepted, and now when I slow down on traffic lights, it shows only A with a dash. That is the only info on maxi dot. The SS button near the gearbox remains green the whole time. I drove in the city 20 km and with a lot of start-stop situations:) like traafic lights, but it didnt go on! maybe bacause of the temerature outside which was 0 C but I think the engine has all conditions for SS because I drove for 1h, I drove 2h before doing this with VCDS and the engine worked the whole time. So i think I killed it! I will chech and let you now the final verdict if the outside temp rises, etc...

Excellent!

Killing the SS for me is not just killing the SS:)  it is the win ver the System. Because this is rubish. They are poisoning us every day with junk food and with low sallaries which are preventing us from buying newer and more ecological cars. So lowering emissions and WLTP standards with SS is just rubbish. Too many old cars with high emissions, too many smoke, fog, etc. Only if we all change our cars to new ones, but we need more money for that. So...die capitalism! :)

20191205-210141.jpg
pix upload

• Like 1