2. remove front wheels
3. remove front wheel arch liners
4. remove front under tray screws
5. remove top grille screws
6. remove screws inside wheel arch
7. disconnect headlight washer fluid pipe
8. disconnect foglight wiring
9. disconnect front park sensors wiring

i've got the Skoda Repair manual at home with detailed steps.  i can post it up here later, if u want.
IMAG3162.thumb.jpg.14f65f2924268117b60ba56c27f6627d.jpg

208281238_bumper02.thumb.jpg.1c5b66e98f7d74ce415b682592e1f0c2.jpg

262469499_bumper03.thumb.jpg.883a7eef40ad30f6e9877b325d32a0b2.jpg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, JR RS said:

i've done it about 2-3 times.

roughtly:-
1. put front up on jack stand
2. remove front wheels
3. remove front wheel arch liners
4. remove front under tray screws
5. remove top grille screws
6. remove screws inside wheel arch
7. disconnect headlight washer fluid pipe
8. disconnect foglight wiring
9. disconnect front park sensors wiring

i've got the Skoda Repair manual at home with detailed steps.  i can post it up here later, if u want.
IMAG3162.thumb.jpg.14f65f2924268117b60ba56c27f6627d.jpg

208281238_bumper02.thumb.jpg.1c5b66e98f7d74ce415b682592e1f0c2.jpg

262469499_bumper03.thumb.jpg.883a7eef40ad30f6e9877b325d32a0b2.jpg

Looks good to me, cheers JR, did you have to get you're radar recalibrated upon sticking bumper back on?

1 hour ago, VelocityVinnie said:

Looks good to me, cheers JR, did you have to get you're radar recalibrated upon sticking bumper back on?

Nope, no need to as u don't touch the ACC radar.

The bumper just has the radar cover, and doesn't touch/connect/mount with the radar unit in any way.

U can see the radar mounted top middle in front of the radiator.

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

New to this forum, i own a 2017 superb 162 TSI. Been working till date, till recently when the front assist started playing up.

Eventually, it stopped working and when taken to the dealer for service.

They said the bracket and radar unit has been damaged and will cost AUD: 2000 for replacement.

While there has been no accidents or any damages to the front bumper, they still insist it can break when the front bumper bends.

Is there any way i can just change the front bracket and get this fixed up.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

1 hour ago, Sans said:

They said the bracket and radar unit has been damaged and will cost AUD: 2000 for replacement.

While there has been no accidents or any damages to the front bumper, they still insist it can break when the front bumper bends.

there is no way u can damage the ACC radar unit without damaging the front radar cover.

on top of that, the cover doesn't even touch the radar in any way shape or form, so u'd have to do some extreme bumper bending before it does any damage to the radar or its bracket. 

the dealer is being lazy, and charging u to replace the unit, plus to do an ACC radar calibration!! 

I argued and took the car back. When asked, alright ill pay for the bracket, so whats wrong with the radar.

Oh that comes as a kit and cannot be replaced seperately.

I showed the online parts website where you can buy the bracket, then they said could you bring one and then we will fit it.

So i asked again, does it mean the radar is fine. He didnt know, said they will check and confirm.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, mfizz said:

Did you have to go buy new pop rivets to replace the dozen or so you removed everytime you took it off?

If you’re talking about the bumper itself, no, the plastic rivets are fully reusable, just pop them back out before putting them in the hole, then push home till flush with the outer plastic.

2 hours ago, mfizz said:

Did you have to go buy new pop rivets to replace the dozen or so you removed everytime you took it off?

Negative, no need to replace/buy.

There r only two pop rivets fasteners - above the top grille, near the bonnet latch.

269974814_Screenshot_20211231-0959102.thumb.png.f636020c41331e4a1ddcee3fd6e0c2fe.png

The second time in 24 hours that I have questioned the use of the name "pop rivets" for plastic reusable fasteners.

I dont know the correct term for them but it sure as hell is not pop rivets.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J.R. said:

The second time in 24 hours that I have questioned the use of the name "pop rivets" for plastic reusable fasteners.

Ur right - they're not called pop rivets.

I don't wat they r actually called, apart from the fact they pop out, and look rivet like.

8 hours ago, J.R. said:

Just a variation of trim clips is what they’re called.

pop rivets are the compressing pins that are one time use. That being said, you can get plastic pop rivets that work exactly the same as metal ones now.

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone

Does somebody knows, what is the OEM number for the mudguard / flap / spoiler, that is on the front bumper, on the bottom of the wheel arch liner. The first thing you need to remove, when you taking the bumper off. 2 screw holding it, and 2 plastic bump sticking out of it, that goes on to the liner.

Mine is broken and need to replace it. 

I cannot find it on ETKA neither...

• 1 year later...

What gives the lower front of the bumper its strength? I've hit a pheasant at high speed near one foglight and, although there's no visible damage, that side is now very floppy compared to the other. I suspect there's some internal reinforcement broken but can't identify the part(s).

4 hours ago, D402 said:

What gives the lower front of the bumper its strength? I've hit a pheasant at high speed near one foglight and, although there's no visible damage, that side is now very floppy compared to the other. I suspect there's some internal reinforcement broken but can't identify the part(s).

The bottom half is strengthened by the under tray and the wheel arch liners on the sides.

This is the back of the bumper.

Screenshot_20191230-224730.thumb.png.fd3094ccf0f6013cc0e186171926ccd0.png

• Like 1

@JR RS Thank you, it's helpful to see what's behind there. I can see that my undertray is intact, perhaps the wheel arch liner has hidden damage then. I think the foglight is partially detached from the bumper skin too.