Mk2 1.9TDI 105hp - what does your trip say when doing 120kph?

What sort of mpg/lpk are you getting in the Superb and were you getting in the Octavia? I have found my Superb is doing OK on a longer run now that I found that boost pipe leak but it's still doing pretty badly within town driving, as in 10+ l/100km which makes me think there's still an issue. I'm trying to make one change at a time so I can pin point what might be going on - my next move is to first run a scan to get a baseline on every sensor reading and go from there, I'm thinking on focusing on the MAF then.

Based on reading various forums my understanding is that injectors within +/- 2.00 are nothing to worry about, though some posts suggest +/- 1.50 is the tolerance and anything outside of that suggests an issue, and one post said anything outside +/- 1.00 is grounds for an injector cleaning using something like Millers Diesel Power Ecomax. That being said, I've also read that an injector problem doesn't normally lead to poorer fuel consumption.

With your torsion value change from -1.5 to 0.0, make sure you haven't gone too far either direction as the 0.0 can be displayed when you've gone too far also - something to do with 0.0 being a default value when you've moved the timing too far out to be measurable. I've read it's almost better to be +/- 0.5 so you know you haven't gone too far either way.

I'm having trouble myself finding the 'standard' / 'default' values I should be getting when running a scan so will report back if I find any.

Thank you for your reply.  I get 30mpg around town and 50mpg on a long run in the Superb and used to get 40mpg around town and 60mpg on a long run for n the Octavia.

On 13/08/2019 at 12:27, PD_Paul said:

Thank you for your reply.  I get 30mpg around town and 50mpg on a long run in the Superb and used to get 40mpg around town and 60mpg on a long run for n the Octavia.

For your own sake I'd suggest creating a new thread and pasting the FULL VCDS numbers you have (like this previous post) as the three groups you've posted may not provide enough information for someone to identify an issue.

I got the Torque OBD2 reader below in the post - just tested it and it's too wide to fit into the hole size available, so it doesn't fir the Mk2 Superb 🤬 I've ordered the Carista one now which is due next week so can report back when I get to run a scan to see if anything gets flagged up.

ODB2 Reader Amazon.jpg

On 13/08/2019 at 12:27, PD_Paul said:

I can't edit my above post to also suggest including any numbers you have for non-idling as an issue can show up when you run a WOT test just like the person found in the linked example in my above post.