Retro Fit Cruise on a 2007 Octavia?

1 minute ago, Acecollie said:

Just need to do the timing belt an water pump an cars golden with crude control, it’s a lovely car but still doing small jobs to make it as good as I can

Your not far I’m in Bristol 

There you go, get Tech1e to do the job. No need to worry about the wire

On 09/08/2019 at 23:02, Eddie-NL said:

There you go, get Tech1e to do the job. No need to worry about the wire

I’ve ordered the switch hopefully it’s the right one lol 

i was going to put it together an get help with coding but unsure if it’s the right one for the car now lol

Is there anyone on here that does these retrofits? I would tackle this myself though I'm very wary of the air bag (I assume the steering wheel needs to come off) and I don't have access to VAG COM (or know what to do if I did)!

There is someone local to me who does these retrofits (did an old A3 of mine) though it's not cheap (about 30% of what I paid for the car!)

On 09/08/2019 at 22:57, Tech1e said:

I had a chap travel from Belgium to Worcester for me to fit cruise control, getting to Eddie should be no problem lol

It was more of a case of not wanting to put him out if his way too much and being polite to be fair. 

I'll remember the offer when I'm in a position to get it done. 

I worked out the Mrs' vRS has cost me £640 this month in tyres, seat height adjuster and a wheel bearing! I'm buggered if I'm spending any more on it for a while as it needs an oil change too soon!

Kirkynut 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 04/09/2019 at 15:17, Tech1e said:

My apologies for that. 😞 

I'm looking to get cruise retrofitted as well on a 56 plate VRS 2.0 TFSI 1Z model. I live in Greater Manchester, any of you guys remotely close (saying that I'd travel quite a disctance to get it done) willing to help out? And how much would it cost if possible?

Not worried about the steering wheel as it's already tilted to the left - not had the time to get the tracking done after restauration. 😋

17 minutes ago, AlexTud said:

I'm looking to get cruise retrofitted as well on a 56 plate VRS 2.0 TFSI 1Z model. I live in Greater Manchester, any of you guys remotely close (saying that I'd travel quite a disctance to get it done) willing to help out? And how much would it cost if possible?

Not worried about the steering wheel as it's already tilted to the left - not had the time to get the tracking done after restauration. 😋

I’m in Worcester

43 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

I’m in Worcester

That's reasonable distance in my book - been looking for an excuse to take the car out on a longer trip than my 25 miles commute to work. It is currently in the shop and having some work done to it as the Forge DV seems to have failed (within 1 week of fitting) but it seems that quite a few other owners had issues with this part.

What parts would I need to have with me (order) in that case and any price estimate for the work please? 🙂

1 hour ago, AlexTud said:

That's reasonable distance in my book - been looking for an excuse to take the car out on a longer trip than my 25 miles commute to work. It is currently in the shop and having some work done to it as the Forge DV seems to have failed (within 1 week of fitting) but it seems that quite a few other owners had issues with this part.

What parts would I need to have with me (order) in that case and any price estimate for the work please? 🙂

I supply and fit for £120

19 hours ago, Tech1e said:

I supply and fit for £120

That's great! Still need to run the car for a while to make sure all is fine. How do we get in touch to book it for a day in January if possible? With Xmas preps and long days in work it would be hard for me to make it in December.😁

1 hour ago, AlexTud said:

That's great! Still need to run the car for a while to make sure all is fine. How do we get in touch to book it for a day in January if possible? With Xmas preps and long days in work it would be hard for me to make it in December.😁

PM me