Vrs ghost lights

56 minutes ago, MATT0693 said:

I upgraded to the Red version after repeated issued with open-door ones... well worth it. Quality and fitment are miles apart.

IMG_20220310_193121_806.jpg

IMG_20220310_193121_862.jpg

Very Nice. I like the red

The ones at OpenDoorLED look really nice, with 2 colours, and no background projection. But I guess Kopacek is the way to go for decent quality.

IMG_58792_590x.jpg.9531dabf3f000e60e4e618c8ec6355d8.jpg

• 8 months later...

Newbie here. Just picked up my Octavia VRS mk3. It’s had some of the cheap door lights fitted and one is faulty. 

Would anyone like to sell there original lights they’ve removed to upgrade?

Sorry dude, mine went in boot lights. 

You should be able to find a pair on a well known auction site for around 10 or 12 quid. 

It's the same light/housing that does the door, glove box, boot, courtesy and footwell. So a search for any of these might be succesful, also if you have a look at one from your own glove box, or boot, you should see what they are supposed to look like.

Good hunting bro

• Like 1

The door are normally red lenses, and the others clear. But I don't think there's an issue with clear leases and red bulbs if that's all that out there.

I did see some clear ones that were red bulbs, about £13 a pair. Also some that were red lenses that were about £13 each. I have never bought from any of these sellers though so can't say anything about the product unfortunately. 

Also, they fit VW, Audi, Seat but not sure which models/marks use the same ones.

• Like 1

They look the same pal, with clear lenses. 

Just go into your boot, as these are normally the easiest to get to. Prise off as mentioned in the thread previous, have a look and compare.

They are so easy to remove pal, if I recall it's the top edge, which should be shorter, that clips out. Will take seconds.

If you want red bulbs there are loads out there, again prices vary as do quality. 

I think I'd give it a go for the price as long as you local to collect.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Has anyone managed to find any vrs ones on Ali express for a Mk3. I can't seem to find any, and need them for a 2017 Vrs

Hi,

Has anyone managed to find any vrs ones on Ali express for a Mk3. I can't seem to find any, and need them for a 2017 Vrs

Hi,

Hi,

I never found any on Ali Express that were the correct fitment, only ones that claim to be but actually looked a quite poor universal fit.

Kopacec or Superskoda are the best ones IMO,  but they are not cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2024 at 02:55, dazman6 said:

I never found any on Ali Express that were the correct fitment, only ones that claim to be but actually looked a quite poor universal fit.

Kopacec or Superskoda are the best ones IMO,  but they are not cheap.

Thanks for the response. I would really like a set but just not willing to pay the high price for suoerskoda ones. I find it odd that no one has made mk3 version. There are loads for the mk2 at less than 10 quid. I ordered a set by mistake and they were really good, just don't fit the doors.

Edited by STU3Y