How long does it take from Build Date to Delivery in UK?

MrRee

These were quoted last year elsewhere on the forums at the various "status codes" denoting the stages the car goes through:

00 = Without Production Week
10 = With Production Week
20 = With Production Order
30 = In Transit From Factory
36 = In Port of Exit not Released
38 = In Port of Exit Released
39 = Vehicle Shipped
40 = UK Port
60 = In Transit to Dealer
70 = At Dealer

The impression that I had when waiting for delivery of my car this time last year was that, for a model which *isn't* going through exceptional delays relating to WLTP approvals, you might expect around three weeks for production and then a week for delivery.  Obviously that's going to vary for individual models/cars, but it may give you some sort of guide.  I seem to remember being able to establish through various phone enquiries when my car was in production, out of production, arrived at Emden and arrived at Sheerness.  As you may be aware, all delivery to the UK is via the ports of Emden and Sheerness and there is overland transport at both ends too.  Once my car reached Sheerness, both Skoda Customer Services and my dealer claimed to know nothing about onward transportation on the basis that it is all subcontracted to a third party, which was a little frustrating.  

Edited by driventodevon
  • Like 1

That’s exactly what I found with mine earlier this year - got to U.K. then around 4 weeks to arrive at dealers. And nobody seemed to be able to tell me what was going on.

i think my delay was due to the original planned B date, where VAG had imported a lot of cars and had logistical problems moving them from U.K. port. And probably the pecking order was Audi, VW, Seat then Skoda.

out of interest they use 2 U.K. ports depending where the dealer is located, so our car came into Grimsby whereas Southern part of U.K. dealers get shipped to Sheerness.

exciting times for you though! 

• Like 1

A Sales Executive, or the cleaner at the supplying dealership really is the person to ask how soon or how long a delivery after a build will take to get top their location.

Some might lie and some will not have a clue and some might say what the usual is.

Truth is that have no idea for this quarter or the last in 2019 what will be will be so they can only guess.

Normally the build week assigned will be done within the week and the car moved to the dock waiting for a ship assignment. Should 4-6 weeks usually after build week at most but can be sometimes 2 weeks if it catches a ship straight away. 

My Tarraco was built in WOlfsburg and it was build week 15 (second week in April), handover was 21 st of May.

It was still in Emden waiting on the ship on the 7th of May and it was in the UK on the 9th and arrived at the dealer on the 17th but I couldn't pick it up befor ethe 21st as it was a weekend so it couldn't be registered before MOnday.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2019 at 21:36, MrRee said:

I have a build date (provisional) of 8th September 2019 .... what date could I expect a call from my dealer saying I can collect?

Mine took 15 weeks from day of order, picked up my Octavia SEL a couple of months ago. Brexit could of course be messing  with times in some way, although the March 29th Brexit date didn't seem to affect mine.  

Allow 5 weeks as estimate.

But it varies, because ultimately it is dependent on ship schedules, how many other cars are competing for same transport.  When it gets to UK depends on road transporters, and other cars going to your dealer to fill transporter.   Could be 1-2 weeks either side of normal 5 weeks

The only predictable part is normally reaches port (Emden) by train within 1-2 days

• Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 13:17, andygman said:

Ordered 10th May

Build week 52 ( 5th August )

On boat week 53

At dealer 26th August

Collection 2nd September!

Have you collected and are you happy? :)

My build week has been confirmed as 8th September.

Hoping to get the call from dealer around 10th October?

2 hours ago, MrRee said:

Have you collected and are you happy? :)

My build week has been confirmed as 8th September.

Hoping to get the call from dealer around 10th October?

More than happy! Excellent car. 

15175D8E-11CE-4C0C-9126-B12CE7729BAE.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...