Adaptation advice

glenn_btn

Hi

Wife has just swapped her 2013 Fabia for a 2017 city go. She has noticed that unlike her fabia, When she switches off the engine you can’t shut the electric windows. 

Does anyone know if this is an adaptation I can get adjusted. 

Cheers

Just now, thebrighton said:

I think every car I've ever had with electric windows has needed to have the ignition on even if the engine's not running to operate them.

If you switch the engine off on the Fabia but leave the key in you can shut the windows and then remove the key. It does not work this way on the citygo

Just now, thebrighton said:

Learn something new every day. I've just had a tot up and have had 11 cars with electric windows and they all needed the ignition on. Perhaps the Fabia had a fault ;)

Lol. My yeti did the same. It usual to switch of the engine and realise you have not shut the windows, I presume this is why the feature exists

Most of the cars that I've owned in the past 20 years have allowed me to close the windows with the ignition switched off. Some have allowed it until a door is opened, some have allowed it for a fixed period of time.

I think the only 2 cars that haven't worked like that have been a 2007 Panda and my current Citigo