Congestion charge

freemansteve

Why does it say "Grab a greentech version and it costs almost nothing in road fund tax, & is excempt from london congestion charging. " on this page:

https://www.briskoda.net/range/citigo/

Putting aside the inability to spell check, surely this cannot be true? - The Citigo electric is not yet available, and I don't think there was a diesel version....

• Administrators

That’s on me. I’m slightly dyslexic and don’t spot typos.

i think when I did that page, circa 2013,14, it may of been true, or reported as so.

problem with information is, it can get stale.

these pages are a couple more todo’s away from me.

thankyou for raising it though, good to know someone has read it.

2 hours ago, superskoda2 said:

Check TfL site using your Reg  no. My Citigo is Greentech and ULEZ allowed and nil VED. Also my Supeeb is ULEZ allowed and only £30 VED....amazing but correct when checked 3 months ago.

Dont mix up ULEZ and Congestion Charge,

Those not from London might accidentally think they are same.

Congestion charge has been around for years, Mon-Fri daytime only, you could register and then didn’t apply to certain vehicles.  Qualification rules got changed when too many cars met its exemption criteria.

ULEZ is recent, currently same area, operates 24 hours 7 days per week.  Anything euro6 is ok, and petrol cars/vans can be lower at euro4.  Motorbikes might be euro3.  Expands to whole of London for any truck/bus/coach from October 2020.  For cars expands to anything inside North and South Circular roads from October 2021.  Some subsequent changes through to 2024.

• Administrators

Great info than you chaps. I'll update the page asap. It was only meant to be a temporary page anyway... All the best plans.

As a general note I don't think these ulez are going away. Whilst not wishing to uses broad brush, we don't make it easy.

By this I mean I used the Dartford bridge a while back. It took my mate, 60+ most of the rest of the day to figure out what to pay, how to pay. I ended up doing it and still wasn't sure if done it right. Being away for a month we both expected a fine letter when we got back.