Vrs mk1 suspension trouble

Hi all ive been finding it quite hard to get info on this will b4 bilstien shocks work in my 05 mk1 vrs Octavia someone has said the droplink will not work with those any way around this or any recommendations ive already priced tps and are eye wateringly expensive £190+vat for front pair and for all is working out at £310 all in looking something cheaper

I believe the B4s are missing the mounting hole for the drop link.

Is £310 including the rears and VAT?

Might also be worth replacing top mounts, bump stops and dust covers at the same time. The rear bump stops and dust covers were totally knackered on mine!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, octaviatdi02 said:

Hi all ive been finding it quite hard to get info on this will b4 bilstien shocks work in my 05 mk1 vrs Octavia someone has said the droplink will not work with those any way around this or any recommendations ive already priced tps and are eye wateringly expensive £190+vat for front pair and for all is working out at £310 all in looking something cheaper

B4 are OE equivalent. If you are spending, why not spend a little more and get B6. Front and rear should set you back about 400 + vat. I assume by drop link you meant stabiliser bar. I see no reason why it wont work with any strut. 

The above ball park figures are from TDC automotive. uk shipping is free. Chat with them.on fb page or call them. Good luck

Edited by mechophile
  • Thanks 1

B4 is more a "spec"  than a model. Ask for vrs specific b4s and thats what you'll get - same as oem.

B6 is a sportier (harder) spec, again available to fit a vrs or a passat or whatever just be careful to get them for a vrs not a gti... esp the rears..

The arb link connection setup on a vrs is very different to a diesel, but b4/b6 are available for both... 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, petrolbloke said:

Petrol bloke yes 310 including vat for all thanks fellas for the replys ill have to see about the b4s specific for the vrs then

Edited by octaviatdi02