Anyone gone from an estate to a Hatch Octy ?

On 06/09/2019 at 20:51, YMe said:

I have and the Estate gives a much rougher and noisier ride. I like them though and hope I can get a Mk IV SE L 2.0TSi DSG if one ever comes into existence.

This was going to be my question, a friend of mine has a bright red VRS 245 hatch and although i do like the estate the VRS hatch i think looks better and with it being quieter than may just tip it for me.

• 2 months later...

I’m just about to change from a mk3 estate to mk3 hatch. Chance opportunity to pick up a very well spec’d SE L low miles hatch as I wanted a DSG auto again.

time will tell re how I find it as have had estate cars for years. As others have said i can’t remember the last time I ever load above the seat height though.

Just got to sell the estate now

FD6F8CCA-5F9A-4F72-A2CB-240B39780605.jpeg

With the parcel shelf stored in the designated slot behind the rear seats I could easily get 4 tyres across the boot so I think the hatch has a fantastic boot. Re for a dog as the boot is quite deep & very long, there’s plenty of space for our spaniel.

I had an estate vrs for two months, it was written off and while I'd prefer the estates there was only a hatch available in my price range. I have a big Dog, lurcher, and she doesn't seem to notice the difference at all. Doesn't have a side window to look out now is all. Can obviously fit that bit more in the estate but the hatch is more than enough in my opinion. The canton subwoofer does take up a good bit of space where you might throw cleaning / emergency equipment otherwise. 

On 01/12/2019 at 21:29, CathalD said:

I have a big Dog, lurcher, and she doesn't seem to notice the difference at all. Doesn't have a side window to look out now is all. 

Actually I had a dog guard for both, the estate one did rattle at all, but the hatch one does a small bit, it hasn't got as many different supports on it as the estate did. So all and all of dogs are going to be a big part of your driving estate is better