ABS, Traction, Handbrake light etc

Yesterday driving, the ABS and Traction control (ESP?) Flashed on a couple of times.

Today the above came on along with the handbrake light (flashing) and briefly a steering wheel light.

Other symptoms are the speedo stopped working briefly and the cruise has stopped functioning (newly installed). Distance to empty is showing as 5 miles on half a tank.

Hoping this is a fuse or relay and not something expensive.

Away from home too which isn't good. Everything feels normal despite the lights....

Any ideas?

Not sure about the steering wheel light but the rest sounds like an speed sensor problem and it could be the ABS ring or the sensor on any of the wheels. You need to get the fault codes read with a machine capable of reading the results from each wheel. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, kprm77 said:

ABS and Traction control (ESP?) Flashed on a couple of times.

Check the battery top fuses.

As for the "available range", that's been reset by the speedo failure, and should become more typical with distance.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Check the battery top fuses.

As for the "available range", that's been reset by the speedo failure, and should become more typical with distance.

Sorry to sound daft but are these literally by the battery? Only had this a month.

It could be a bit of debris that had got caught between the sensor and ABS ring. If it’s not done it today then don’t jump at being a fault. See how it goes and if the lights come up again then investigate further. 

Enjoy your new car now, don’t let it worry you about a one of light flash up. If it happens again then get the codes read and if it is a sensor or ABS ring they’re not too much to replace. 

28 minutes ago, Frenchtone said:

under the cover to the right of the battery!

I have a similar problem occaisionally it self corrects for a period then returns, think it might be a connector prob!

Also @kprm77 - Yes there. Those strip fuses can make and break intermittently for months before they finally go.

And while you have the fuse box cover off, take a look at the small higher current fuses for signs of overheating or melting of the plastic. Others have reported this as the cause of similar symptoms to yours.

Had a look at the fuses - can't see any of them showing signs of damage and all look intact.

MIght have to get it booked in as anything more is probably beyond my capabilities.

THanks for everyone's help on this so far 😊

This problem has worsened.

Driving on the A1 the Traction light was flashing contstantly and appeared to be trying to apply brakes as I seemed to lose power. After a few seconds (which seemed a lot longer being in the outside lane of the A1) the handbrake light came on with a beep, and the traction light stopped flashing - then got control again.

The Engine light came on around this time - can't remember if it was at the same time or just before. That stayed on overnight, but the following evening it had gone off. Being away from home (Harrogate), I did go into the local Skoda dealer on the offchance they could have a quick look at my car, though they were snowed under. All the levels look okay, the engine appears to be running fine, so I risked the 120 mile trip home. The Traction thing happened once on the way home, though has happened twice last night when only driving about 4 miles (with 2 stops). Hadn't used it since the trip from Harrogate (last Tuesday).

It's booked in on Monday to have a look - not going to use the car again other than driving it to the garage.

I have an ODB2 scanner which is showing a P0600 error. Loads of fails when it was trying to read the info. Does this, and the symptoms above, point to an ECU fault?