Octy sill protectors

Just received some genuine Skoda sill protectors for my mk3 estate. Instructions suggest that i should use proper templates to fit that areĀ available to order from skoda as an extraĀ šŸ˜§Ā  or have skoda install them professionally, although once fitted the templates are useless. Has anyone fitted these without templates, i figureĀ i would just use a tape measure to get them all roughly in same place. Don't fancy a trip to stealers to get them fitted šŸ˜Ž TIAĀ 

I just placed mine on the sill before ripping the backing tapes off and using a dry wipe pen (or masking tape and pen),Ā marked out where they most naturally sat without too much gapping and snug toĀ the sill profile.

Ā 

CompareĀ left to right for marked positionsĀ to make sure they areĀ in the right placeĀ before removing enough of the backingĀ tapes (approx 20%) to stick out the side of the cover whilst placing back into position. Donā€™t let the exposed adhesive stick until the correct position is achieved. Then press down on that end.Ā 

Ā 

Whilst the one end isĀ stuckĀ in position, carefully lift the cover slightly and remove the rest of the backing tape fully whilstĀ ensuringĀ they still stay in lineĀ overĀ the sill. Then press fully home. Job done. Ā Admire,Ā grab a coffee and show the missus. šŸ˜œ

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all your advice, did as suggested and they fitted great. They are only the black plastic ones with Octavia stamped on the fronts but they look good. I would have gone for some stainless ones but the orig Skoda ones were too pricey for my liking.

1 hour ago, Piescoffer said:

Thanks for all your advice, did as suggested and they fitted great. They are only the black plastic ones with Octavia stamped on the fronts but they look good. I would have gone for some stainless ones but the orig Skoda ones were too pricey for my liking.

Spoken like a true Yorkshireman!

Ā 

Says me, looking at them and rubbing my chin over the expense.Ā 

• Haha 1