Service schedule

Gmac983

Does anyone know we're I could find a detailed service schedule for the kodiaq 2.0tsi on fixed servicing. Also apparently post 2020MY you don't get an actual service book anymore, dealer said its all kept online. 

Cheers. 

Service books stopped over 6 years ago.

The Service, report, road test & Body Inspection for the Paint Corrosion warranty Records are online, (be sure they do the body inspection and report)

but the Service Desk staff can easily print the Service Work Sheet showing the service items.

Full Main Dealer Servicing is pretty basic and much the same they say in year 1 and 2 as year 3 on as in the Fixed Price Servicing for car 3-10 year old.

On fixed servicing first year, Oil & Filter, Sump Plug, inspection, Diagnosis and any update, free wash and vacuum.

2nd year the same but a Pollen Filter changed.

Year 3 Brake Fluid Change is due.  MOT. 

They might call year one fixed an Interim Service and Year 2 a Major service, 

if you stay on Variable / Flexible servicing the will call the 1st service a Major one, but no plugs checked or changed and not even the Air Filter in some cases.

Maybe year 4 spark plugs and air filter changed, but they charge the same if not changed and maybe took that price in year 2 if you let them.

They will tell you at year 2 the A/C service is due.

More servicing is as you ask for it, and pay for it. 

Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 16.07.05.png

Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 16.07.21.png

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Thanks 1

Last new skoda I had was a 2012 yeti, so before the service books stopped. Dealer made it sound recent 🤔

Anyway thanks for that, was mainly the dsg and haldex intervals I was most interested in. 

You can pay 8euros for an hour on Erwin, during which you can print out the service schedule amongst many other things. Yes DSG at 40k and Haldex at 3 years, plus spark plugs, diesel filter etc according to engine /model (You type in the Vin, it knows what is relevant to your car).

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MrTrilby said:

Each time my car gets serviced, the dealer gives me a full printout of every bit of work ever done on the car. So you effectively get a full copy of the “service book” at every service. 

Yes, except that it doesn’t tell you the items they should have serviced, but didn’t! ie no service schedule. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Yes, except that it doesn’t tell you the items they should have serviced, but didn’t! ie no service schedule. 

You've clearly done business with AC as well then. 

6 minutes ago, Gmac983 said:

You've clearly done business with AC as well then. 

Not AC, but I am genetically predisposed to be suspicious of all garages! I did have it serviced at JC/SC, but now it is out of warranty I am doing all servicing myself. Just done the DSG, Haldex and engine oil changes. Not difficult, if you read the instructions that are on ERWIN.

• Like 1

Dealership staff might well say the Haldex is due every 3 years regardless of miles.

Not that long ago VW was saying 4 years and 40,000 miles, then it changed to 30,000 with some places and Skoda still said 40,000, 

then it became 3 years and yet some say there is no filter on those that have, then there are those that seem to not know the Diff Oil is something else. 

then there are ones now that need the front diff oil change.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/471790-vaq-haldex-on-2016-pfl-230vrs-does-it-have-one-and-service-interval

As to Sir Arnold C's it can be pick a number any number.

Now to confuse them there is the DQ380 DSG's, and will we or wont we do them at 40,000?

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/470669-dq380-service-schedule

Audi can call a DSG a S-tronic and then the service interval is 2,000 miles sooner.

Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 22.50.14.png

Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 22.56.07.png

Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 22.56.48.png

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 28/09/2019 at 22:07, nicknorman said:

You can pay 8euros for an hour on Erwin, during which you can print out the service schedule amongst many other things. Yes DSG at 40k and Haldex at 3 years, plus spark plugs, diesel filter etc according to engine /model (You type in the Vin, it knows what is relevant to your car).

This is the Skoda Service / Inspection Schedule according to Erwin, detailing the extent and frequency of works:

image.thumb.png.08e2cc9a441a870a47108def06a5bf9d.png
image.thumb.png.b68dbde9ea6b49c16f190e19e26fe5f1.png

image.thumb.png.1c264d2fbebe6eba81e7daa124236579.png

image.thumb.png.5f8c2200248173d142c3f5e0c0e42069.png

image.thumb.png.848dd66e5db8213c980ade56be4fbc22.png
  • Thanks 2

@AndyMorris

That is a good recommendation if that suits you. Also if you own the car and it is a keeper. That has them changing the factory setting.

The Variable Service at 24 months / 18,000-20,000 miles where that is the first oil change is totally fine.

I would not want to leave a car 24 months before it gets an inspection underneath though.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Like 1

Yep, the dealers advice is sound.

At 7,000 miles a year, if set to the variable service interval then chances are you'd go the full 24 months before your car sees fresh oil. Too long for me.

By setting it to fixed (10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever is reached first), your Kodiaq will get a service and fresh oil once a year.

20 hours ago, Arkaig said:

This is the Skoda Service / Inspection Schedule according to Erwin, detailing the extent and frequency of works:

Only just seen this, very helpful, thank you. Bookmarked.

* interesting to note that the cambelt interval on my 1.4 TSI is 75,000 miles (120,000 km's), compared to the diesels at 130,000 miles (210,000 km's).

• Like 1